Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal Fund for Dan Moore

Post imported post

Anyone else interested in helping Dan out with any legal fees?

If we all send him $10 or $20, that'd probably be a big help.

Of course, maybe he doesn't need ot.

Post imported post

I am down

Post imported post

I'm in, but may I suggest that we establish a trust fund to be administered by VCDL or OCDOor both for this?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I'm in, but may I suggest that we establish a trust fund to be administered by VCDL or OCDOor both for this?
    I like that idea. Then anyone who needs it can get some financial assistance.

I have no clue how to do any of that.

Post imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:

There has to be a "smart" guy in here that knows how to do that! Phillip (VCDL President) can you weigh in here please? Thanks!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    cREbralFIX wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:

There has to be a "smart" guy in here that knows how to do that! Phillip (VCDL President) can you weigh in here please? Thanks!
    A couple of years ago I came up with the idea of a pledge fund for firearms related legal action. I even wrote the web page fore it.
    I talked to Philip about it and he talked to someone.

The final consensus was that it was just too much work to handle for now.
    It would take a tremendous amount of coordination.

Back to Dan....Count me in!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I already offered $100 on another string. Someone with a web site could set up a paypal account to make it easy to donate.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    I already offered $100 on another string. Someone with a web site could set up a paypal account to make it easy to donate.
    While Paypal would be convenient...for some...I just can't fathom using the most rampant anti gun, anti freedom, anti American, financial network in existance...to support a pro gun project!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    jegoodin wrote:
    While Paypal would be convenient...for some...I just can't fathom using the most rampant anti gun, anti freedom, anti American, financial network in existance...to support a pro gun project!
    Google checkout?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    jegoodin wrote:
    I don't know... I think there is a perverse kind of ironyto it.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Agreed re PayPal and its buddy eBay. GOOgle is only marginally better. I suggest good old untraceable cash or credit cards (with their processing fees).

Either we trust the escrow account holder or we don't.

When, back in the beginning, I used to support Jim Robinson of FreeRepublic, it was with envelopes of cash.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'd be happy to do the collecting, but I don't know Dan. I've been to a few VCDL get togethers in the NoVA area and been on here lurking for years, but don't post often.

I suggested that PayPal might be a good idea because that is one of the options for donating to the billboard funds that this site uses already, so obviously John and Mike already have the technology.

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    I'd be happy to do the collecting, but I don't know Dan. I've been to a few VCDL get togethers in the NoVA area and been on here lurking for years, but don't post often.

I suggested that PayPal might be a good idea because that is one of the options for donating to the billboard funds that this site uses already, so obviously John and Mike already have the technology.
    Why not send it right to dan? what do we need a middle man for?

Post imported post

Has anyone looked into http://authorize.net/? They process CC payments, just as any other processor would. It would have to be set up and administered from a website.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    If you want to get his attention you have to write, "How do I join VCDL?" He has an alarm that notifies him whenever someone on the net writes that. Word.

Edit: Which reminds me.......

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    jegoodin wrote:

Why not send it right to dan? what do we need a middle man for?
    Like I said, I don't know Dan. I don't know his address. I don't know if he is accepting donations. I'd be happy to send him a personal check if I knew where to send it and if I knew it would not offend him.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I agree, a trust fund administered by VCDL or OCDO would be the thing to do. That way unused monies could be used for other cases in need. Also I might suggest a policy of the fund be that monies spent on defense should always be reimbursed if there is a reward given. This way the fund should never be depleted unless a case is lost.

I don't mind giving to those in need but I have a personal policy of not doing financial favors for people who have more money than I do. And I think that is going to be the case here after all is said and done, thus my policy idea. :celebrate

Post imported post

xd.40 wrote:
    Has anyone looked into http://authorize.net/? They process CC payments, just as any other processor would. It would have to be set up and administered from a website.
    Be careful with authorize.net. One of my customers had some serious contract issues with them a few years ago.

Post imported post

Thanks for the heads up - I was looking at them for processing CC's for a couple of websites I have set up. I'll reconsider...

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

All,

I would like to contribute something. Once the particulars are set, I will do my share.

2nd Amendment.......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

If nobody else wants to do it, I "volunteer" to set up a passbook savings account at my bank under the name "Danbus Legal Defense Fund". This, BTW, is how most "donate to a good cause accounts" are handled.

The kicker is that any funds not used by danbus go to a party at Hooters at Waterside - time/date TBA.

Anybody that wants to send $$ can PM me - I'll hold off setting up the account until I see some real interest AND Dan says it's OK with him.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'll contribute.

I suggested to Dan that he not post any more info or plans about his case since this site is likely monitored. Once we decide how to set this up, Skidmark and Dan could PM one another for final details, then the actual contributions could begin. I like the idea of having winnings replenish the fund so it can be maintained for future contingencies.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    I'll contribute.

I suggested to Dan that he not post any more info or plans about his case since this site is likely monitored. Once we decide how to set this up, Skidmark and Dan could PM one another for final details, then the actual contributions could begin. I like the idea of having winnings replenish the fund so it can be maintained for future contingencies.
    We concur !!!!!

Post imported post

Count me in to help Dan.

I think a fund to help others might get messy when we try to decide who/when etc.

Perhaps we could just put out the call on a case by case basis.

Either way, if Dan's OK with it, I'll contribute.

Post imported post

Count me in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast