• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal Fund for Dan Moore

cREbralFIX

imported post

Anyone else interested in helping Dan out with any legal fees?

If we all send him $10 or $20, that'd probably be a big help.

Of course, maybe he doesn't need ot.

ODA 226

imported post

I'm in, but may I suggest that we establish a trust fund to be administered by VCDL or OCDOor both for this?

cREbralFIX

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I'm in, but may I suggest that we establish a trust fund to be administered by VCDL or OCDOor both for this?

I like that idea. Then anyone who needs it can get some financial assistance.

I have no clue how to do any of that.

ODA 226

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

There has to be a "smart" guy in here that knows how to do that! :)Phillip (VCDL President) can you weigh in here please? Thanks!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
cREbralFIX wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

There has to be a "smart" guy in here that knows how to do that! :)Phillip (VCDL President) can you weigh in here please? Thanks!
A couple of years ago I came up with the idea of a pledge fund for firearms related legal action. I even wrote the web page fore it.
I talked to Philip about it and he talked to someone.

The final consensus was that it was just too much work to handle for now.
It would take a tremendous amount of coordination.

Back to Dan....Count me in!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

jegoodin wrote:
I already offered $100 on another string. Someone with a web site could set up a paypal account to make it easy to donate.

While Paypal would be convenient...for some...I just can't fathom using the most rampant anti gun, anti freedom, anti American, financial network in existance...to support a pro gun project!:uhoh:

hsmith

imported post

peter nap wrote:
jegoodin wrote:
I already offered $100 on another string. Someone with a web site could set up a paypal account to make it easy to donate.

While Paypal would be convenient...for some...I just can't fathom using the most rampant anti gun, anti freedom, anti American, financial network in existance...to support a pro gun project!:uhoh:
Google checkout?

jegoodin

imported post

peter nap wrote:
jegoodin wrote:

I don't know... I think there is a perverse kind of ironyto it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Agreed re PayPal and its buddy eBay. GOOgle is only marginally better. I suggest good old untraceable cash or credit cards (with their processing fees).

Either we trust the escrow account holder or we don't.

When, back in the beginning, I used to support Jim Robinson of FreeRepublic, it was with envelopes of cash.

jegoodin

imported post

I'd be happy to do the collecting, but I don't know Dan. I've been to a few VCDL get togethers in the NoVA area and been on here lurking for years, but don't post often.

I suggested that PayPal might be a good idea because that is one of the options for donating to the billboard funds that this site uses already, so obviously John and Mike already have the technology.

hsmith

imported post

jegoodin wrote:
I'd be happy to do the collecting, but I don't know Dan. I've been to a few VCDL get togethers in the NoVA area and been on here lurking for years, but don't post often.

I suggested that PayPal might be a good idea because that is one of the options for donating to the billboard funds that this site uses already, so obviously John and Mike already have the technology.
Why not send it right to dan? what do we need a middle man for?

Neplusultra

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
If you want to get his attention you have to write, "How do I join VCDL?" He has an alarm that notifies him whenever someone on the net writes that. Word.

Edit: Which reminds me.......

jegoodin

imported post

hsmith wrote:
jegoodin wrote:

Why not send it right to dan? what do we need a middle man for?
Like I said, I don't know Dan. I don't know his address. I don't know if he is accepting donations. I'd be happy to send him a personal check if I knew where to send it and if I knew it would not offend him.

Neplusultra

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I agree, a trust fund administered by VCDL or OCDO would be the thing to do. That way unused monies could be used for other cases in need. Also I might suggest a policy of the fund be that monies spent on defense should always be reimbursed if there is a reward given. This way the fund should never be depleted unless a case is lost.

I don't mind giving to those in need but I have a personal policy of not doing financial favors for people who have more money than I do. And I think that is going to be the case here after all is said and done, thus my policy idea. :celebrate

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

xd.40 wrote:
Has anyone looked into http://authorize.net/? They process CC payments, just as any other processor would. It would have to be set up and administered from a website.
Be careful with authorize.net. One of my customers had some serious contract issues with them a few years ago.