Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun show

Post imported post

Havent had a chance to look and figured it was just as easy to ask here.

What is policy for firearms at the gun show at the show place this weekend? Coneal carry, open carry, or no loaded guns at all?

Anyone else planning on going?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

bruins499 wrote:

What is policy for firearms at the gun show at the show place this weekend? Coneal carry, open carry, or no loaded guns at all?

Bear season. I'm outta here tomorrow!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

bruins499 wrote:

http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInform...9/Default.aspx

All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
    No photography or video allowed without written permission of Promoter.
    No media interviews allowed.
    NO LOADED FIREARMS--NO EXCEPTIONS!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Well that sums that one up.... guess i'll be leaving the 1911 in truck.

Funny though gun show that doesnt allow carrying of guns how ironic.

Post imported post

you can carry you just have to have it unloaded and they zip tie the action. it is an insurance requirement ever since some moron discharged a firearm inside the showplace several years ago. no liability insurance no show, it sucks but dems da rules, i'd much rather carry my 1911 on me and strapped than leave it in the car in east richmond.

Post imported post

Firearms are not prohibited!!

Loaded firearms are.
    It probably has to do with the promoters safety concerns, being there is so many people handling firearms and all of them don't know how to handle them properly.

It istheir house for the day, they can do as they please.

Not my rules, purely conjecture on my part as to the promoters motives.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    you can carry you just have to have it unloaded and they zip tie the action. it is an insurance requirement ever since some moron discharged a firearm inside the showplace several years ago. no liability insurance no show, it sucks but dems da rules, i'd much rather carry my 1911 on me and strapped than leave it in the car in east richmond.
    valid point.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    Hear, hear. And carry a knife or wirecutters, and a loaded magazine.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:
    Hear, hear. And carry a knife or wirecutters, and a loaded magazine.
    Never thought of that before and I have a bridge for sale.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

The last time I was at a gun show that said "No loaded firearms" (zip tied the action) also had the requirement that your ammunition had to stay at the front deskwith your name attached to it so you could pick it up when you left.

Strangely, they were selling ammo at the show... along with empty magazines... and they let you carry your own magazines if you chose to empty theminto the bag with your name on it.

Kind of defeats the purpose IMO. Take away one's ammo only to let them buy more of the same at the show AND have an empty magazine to put it in...

Though the police that were at that particular show (Hampton VA) were a tad surprised when my wife & I both pulled our concealed handguns out. They also watched us leave when we were heading out to the car.

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    Though the police that were at that particular show (Hampton VA) were a tad surprised when my wife & I both pulled our concealed handguns out. They also watched us leave when we were heading out to the car.
    Really? At Chantilly it seems like every other person coming in has to stop for a zip tie.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    At Fredericksburg, the police always seem surprised when I approach for a zip tie. For some reason, many of the individuals manning these tables (whether LEO, as at Fredericksburg, or civilian as at Richmond Raceway) seem flabbergasted that women carry too.

In fact, I had a Fredericksburg police officer remark that he wouldn't LET his wife carry. Those of you who know me may imagine how that went over. And both there and Richmond Raceway can't seem to handle a pistol without sweeping everyone in sight.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I frequently carrywith a mag in and one in the chamber at gun shows. I have a CHP and will carry concealed there. But it stays in the holster. I don't take it out and flash it around. Before I started carrying concealed in the shows, I had the knuckleheads at the Fredericksburg show tell me I had to unload the mags also. Screw that!

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInform...9/Default.aspx

All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
    That's interesting. Censorship against the "wrong" party/candidate advocates?

Tsk, tsk. How un-American.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Post imported post

Well attended show and lots of activity at the VCDL table. It was well guarded by a four footed friend that did not lack for attention.

Conversations ranged from the basic "who and what are you" to well thought out observations on the recent Norfolk events. Was pleased at how many people that spoke of it really had it about right.

Observation and suggestion to everyone attending future shows: wear your VCDL colors (hat and/or shirt) and a "Guns Save Lives" pin even if you are not working the table. It helps to spread the word, generate conversation and new members.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Observation and suggestion to everyone attending future shows: wear your VCDL colors (hat and/or shirt) and a "Guns Save Lives" pin even if you are not working the table. It helps to spread the word, generate conversation and new members.

Yata hey
    Mental note - I need to get one of those pins.....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

It was a great show all around. Grapeshot - sorry that I couldnt help you with the name of the guy you were looking for.

I dont think that I've ever spoken to as many people as I did today. I almost ran out of business cards and brochures. The aisles were packed!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Doug,

That Amendment is fine and all... but keep in mind. That prohibits CONGRESS from doing certain things. Note it does NOTexclude the Executive or Judicial branches from doing bad things. It is very important to note what is said. It is even more important to pay attention to what is NOT said.

It also does NOT prohibit you, Joe Citizen from doing those things where you have such control (ie: your property). Hence I can kick people off my lawn for any reason I see fit. It's my lawn. It's my house. Therefore, my rules.

Same thing applies to the organizers of the gun shows. It's their house (so to speak), therefore it's their rules.

Post imported post

I hunted in the rain Friday and mud on Saturday and decided to come home and go to the show Sunday. Glad I did! It was a good show.
    I bought a green laser for my stopping gun.

There was a very nice lady out front handing out anti Obama flyers. They had his picture on the front and she would say "Read this". Everyone assumed she was pro obama and would say something rude.

She looked at me and said, "I've never done this before. Would I have better luck at McDonalds?".

I took one and told her she needed to change her approach. The next fellow that came out brushed by her and I held the flyer up and said "Don't vote for this son of a bitch" he stopped in his tracks, turned, smiled and took the flyer.

The next fellow that brushed by after saying he knew all about him ...I said...FREE TARGETS. He turned around and said "Give me 4 of them".

She gave out the rest of her targets ...er...flyers, and told me she was an NRA Member but didn't own a gun, but, was going in to buy one. I told her to stay away from Dark Sun and she said she would.

The VCDL table was well manned so I didn'y bother going over (Not to mention that one out of towner was there that I think is someone I didn't have anything good to say about)

All in all....a darn good show. I bought my wife a light from Oligght. I have two of their lights and while not cheap, far out preform my Streamlight and Stealth light.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    She gave out the rest of her targets ...er...flyers, and told me she was an NRA Member but didn't own a gun, but, was going in to buy one. I told her to stay away from Dark Sun and she said she would.
    Dark Sun? Could you explain?

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Dark Sun? Could you explain?
    A$$holes..... good prices but not worth putting up with their crap!
    Now that's my opinion and won't change, but a lot of people here like them.

Post imported post

Me too, never had been to a show before Va.Beach and Ibought from Trader Jerry just because onlythey had what I was looking for. Who isgood and NG?

Post imported post

You sure are a gritty SOB aren't you peter nap SOB = speak out boldly

The direct approach worked in this case did it not.

Nice tools you bought.

Yata hey

Post imported post

tripledipper wrote:
    Me too, never had been to a show before Va.Beach and Ibought from Trader Jerry just because onlythey had what I was looking for. Who isgood and NG?
    Personally, I do not a fan of buying new handguns from gunshows. They are a good place to see and handle a variety of styles and compare for what price a particular model is selling. I have had problems with every handgun that I purchased from one - cracked grips (promised to replace at next show - then didn't know me) to night sight out. Much higher negative incidents than when I order on line or from my friendly neighborhood dealer.

I'm a slow learner apparently, as it took six such purchases to get the message. Four went back to the dealer on Sunday (probably went right back on the table) and two had to go back to the manufacturer at my time and expense. Only one is presently in my inventory. Nevermore!

Yata hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast