• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show

bruins499

imported post

Havent had a chance to look and figured it was just as easy to ask here.

What is policy for firearms at the gun show at the show place this weekend? Coneal carry, open carry, or no loaded guns at all?

Anyone else planning on going?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bruins499 wrote:

What is policy for firearms at the gun show at the show place this weekend? Coneal carry, open carry, or no loaded guns at all?

Bear season. I'm outta here tomorrow!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

bruins499 wrote:

http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInformation/RichmondVA/tabid/79/Default.aspx

All political material must be pre-approved by Show Manager.
No photography or video allowed without written permission of Promoter.
No media interviews allowed.
NO LOADED FIREARMS--NO EXCEPTIONS!

bruins499

imported post

Well that sums that one up.... guess i'll be leaving the 1911 in truck.

Funny though gun show that doesnt allow carrying of guns how ironic.:banghead:

67GT390FB

imported post

you can carry you just have to have it unloaded and they zip tie the action. it is an insurance requirement ever since some moron discharged a firearm inside the showplace several years ago. no liability insurance no show, it sucks but dems da rules, i'd much rather carry my 1911 on me and strapped than leave it in the car in east richmond.

Marco

imported post

Firearms are not prohibited!!

Loaded firearms are.
It probably has to do with the promoters safety concerns, being there is so many people handling firearms and all of them don't know how to handle them properly.

It istheir house for the day, they can do as they please.

Not my rules, purely conjecture on my part as to the promoters motives.

bruins499

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
you can carry you just have to have it unloaded and they zip tie the action. it is an insurance requirement ever since some moron discharged a firearm inside the showplace several years ago. no liability insurance no show, it sucks but dems da rules, i'd much rather carry my 1911 on me and strapped than leave it in the car in east richmond.
valid point.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
Hear, hear. And carry a knife or wirecutters, and a loaded magazine.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
Hear, hear. And carry a knife or wirecutters, and a loaded magazine.
Never thought of that before :cool: and I have a bridge for sale. :lol:

Yata hey

darthmord

imported post

The last time I was at a gun show that said "No loaded firearms" (zip tied the action) also had the requirement that your ammunition had to stay at the front deskwith your name attached to it so you could pick it up when you left.

Strangely, they were selling ammo at the show... along with empty magazines... and they let you carry your own magazines if you chose to empty theminto the bag with your name on it.

Kind of defeats the purpose IMO. Take away one's ammo only to let them buy more of the same at the show AND have an empty magazine to put it in...

Though the police that were at that particular show (Hampton VA) were a tad surprised when my wife & I both pulled our concealed handguns out. They also watched us leave when we were heading out to the car.

Tomahawk

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Though the police that were at that particular show (Hampton VA) were a tad surprised when my wife & I both pulled our concealed handguns out. They also watched us leave when we were heading out to the car.
Really? At Chantilly it seems like every other person coming in has to stop for a zip tie.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

darthmord wrote:
At Fredericksburg, the police always seem surprised when I approach for a zip tie. For some reason, many of the individuals manning these tables (whether LEO, as at Fredericksburg, or civilian as at Richmond Raceway) seem flabbergasted that women carry too.

In fact, I had a Fredericksburg police officer remark that he wouldn't LET his wife carry. Those of you who know me may imagine how that went over. And both there and Richmond Raceway can't seem to handle a pistol without sweeping everyone in sight.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I frequently carrywith a mag in and one in the chamber at gun shows. I have a CHP and will carry concealed there. But it stays in the holster. I don't take it out and flash it around. Before I started carrying concealed in the shows, I had the knuckleheads at the Fredericksburg show tell me I had to unload the mags also. Screw that!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Well attended show and lots of activity at the VCDL table. It was well guarded by a four footed friend that did not lack for attention.

Conversations ranged from the basic "who and what are you" to well thought out observations on the recent Norfolk events. Was pleased at how many people that spoke of it really had it about right.

Observation and suggestion to everyone attending future shows: wear your VCDL colors (hat and/or shirt) and a "Guns Save Lives" pin even if you are not working the table. It helps to spread the word, generate conversation and new members.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Observation and suggestion to everyone attending future shows: wear your VCDL colors (hat and/or shirt) and a "Guns Save Lives" pin even if you are not working the table. It helps to spread the word, generate conversation and new members.

Yata hey
Mental note - I need to get one of those pins.....

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

It was a great show all around. Grapeshot - sorry that I couldnt help you with the name of the guy you were looking for.

I dont think that I've ever spoken to as many people as I did today. I almost ran out of business cards and brochures. The aisles were packed!

darthmord

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Doug,

That Amendment is fine and all... but keep in mind. That prohibits CONGRESS from doing certain things. Note it does NOTexclude the Executive or Judicial branches from doing bad things. It is very important to note what is said. It is even more important to pay attention to what is NOT said.

It also does NOT prohibit you, Joe Citizen from doing those things where you have such control (ie: your property). Hence I can kick people off my lawn for any reason I see fit. It's my lawn. It's my house. Therefore, my rules.

Same thing applies to the organizers of the gun shows. It's their house (so to speak), therefore it's their rules.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I hunted in the rain Friday and mud on Saturday and decided to come home and go to the show Sunday. Glad I did! It was a good show.
I bought a green laser for my stopping gun.

There was a very nice lady out front handing out anti Obama flyers. They had his picture on the front and she would say "Read this". Everyone assumed she was pro obama and would say something rude.

She looked at me and said, "I've never done this before. Would I have better luck at McDonalds?".

I took one and told her she needed to change her approach. The next fellow that came out brushed by her and I held the flyer up and said "Don't vote for this son of a bitch" he stopped in his tracks, turned, smiled and took the flyer.

The next fellow that brushed by after saying he knew all about him ...I said...FREE TARGETS. He turned around and said "Give me 4 of them".

She gave out the rest of her targets ...er...flyers, and told me she was an NRA Member but didn't own a gun, but, was going in to buy one. I told her to stay away from Dark Sun and she said she would.

The VCDL table was well manned so I didn'y bother going over (Not to mention that one out of towner was there that I think is someone I didn't have anything good to say about)

All in all....a darn good show. I bought my wife a light from Oligght. I have two of their lights and while not cheap, far out preform my Streamlight and Stealth light.