• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show

darthmord

imported post

peter nap wrote:
She gave out the rest of her targets ...er...flyers, and told me she was an NRA Member but didn't own a gun, but, was going in to buy one. I told her to stay away from Dark Sun and she said she would.
Dark Sun? Could you explain?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

darthmord wrote:
peter nap wrote:
She gave out the rest of her targets ...er...flyers, and told me she was an NRA Member but didn't own a gun, but, was going in to buy one. I told her to stay away from Dark Sun and she said she would.
Dark Sun? Could you explain?
A$$holes..... good prices but not worth putting up with their crap!
Now that's my opinion and won't change, but a lot of people here like them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

You sure are a gritty SOB aren't you peter nap SOB = speak out boldly :D

The direct approach worked in this case did it not.

Nice tools you bought.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tripledipper wrote:
Me too, never had been to a show before Va.Beach and Ibought from Trader Jerry just because onlythey had what I was looking for. Who isgood and NG?
Personally, I do not a fan of buying new handguns from gunshows. They are a good place to see and handle a variety of styles and compare for what price a particular model is selling. I have had problems with every handgun that I purchased from one - cracked grips (promised to replace at next show - then didn't know me) to night sight out. Much higher negative incidents than when I order on line or from my friendly neighborhood dealer.

I'm a slow learner apparently, as it took six such purchases to get the message. Four went back to the dealer on Sunday (probably went right back on the table) and two had to go back to the manufacturer at my time and expense. Only one is presently in my inventory. Nevermore!

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
You sure are a gritty SOB aren't you peter nap SOB = speak out boldly :D

The direct approach worked in this case did it not.

Nice tools you bought.

Yata hey
When I was a child, my Mother who was a Saint, told me I could be whatever I wanted. That was one of the few things she was wrong about Grapeshot.

I would never make a Diplomat!:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
tripledipper wrote:
Me too, never had been to a show before Va.Beach and Ibought from Trader Jerry just because onlythey had what I was looking for. Who isgood and NG?
Personally, I do not a fan of buying new handguns from gunshows. They are a good place to see and handle a variety of styles and compare for what price a particular model is selling. I have had problems with every handgun that I purchased from one - cracked grips (promised to replace at next show - then didn't know me) to night sight out. Much higher negative incidents than when I order on line or from my friendly neighborhood dealer.

I'm a slow learner apparently, as it took six such purchases to get the message. Four went back to the dealer on Sunday (probably went right back on the table) and two had to go back to the manufacturer at my time and expense. Only one is presently in my inventory. Nevermore!

Yata hey
PLus 1

Gunshows are best for parts and private sales!