• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time Open carry

KJ_duc

imported post

The other day I decided it would be the first time I carried openly. I walked into safeway, shopped for about 20 min and then left. Not (1) issue. A lot of stares and people are generally WAY nicer and more helpful like when I asked if there were any new bananas in the back. I had new unripe bananas (green tint) in my cart in 30 seconds.. LOL So now I am carrying everywhere the law permits. Thanks for the encouragement.

David.Car

imported post

Congratulations, and good carry.

You might want to add your location to your profile so people can tell what area you are carrying in.

Welcome to the forum.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

I've never had any problem at Safeway either. They are my preferred grocery store, always find them helpful, if you are wandering around with the look of someone who can't find something not only do they come and offer assistance, but they will take you to what you are looking for instead of just saying what aisle it is on.

I have found this to be the case even when OC, no one has ever seemed hesitant to come and offer assistance.

KJ_duc

imported post

This was the Safeway on Queen Anne hill. I normally frequent the Ballard one but stopped by this one because it was on the way. If there any events or meetings I'd love to attend. Thanks for the welcoming guys and gals.

David.Car

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I've never had any problem at Safeway either.
+1. Have a safeway about 4-5 blocks away from my home and work so that is where I do almost all my food shopping. Not the greatest grocery store in town, but certainly fair on prices, have nice employees (at least in my area) and I have not once received any guff about carrying.