• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AG Opinion Link It's Out

amlevin

imported post

Good opinion. Seems that it also adresses the issue of the "non-secure" areas of Sea-Tac Airport. Sorry Port of Seattle, you are just as full of crap as Mayor Nickels.

Ajetpilot

imported post

In view of this opinion, I might have to walk passed the "No Firearms" sign on the Kitsap County Administration Building and deposit my ballot in the County Auditor's ballot box. This could be fun!

Gene Beasley

imported post

I am still making my way through this very comprehensive, not to mention excellent, opinion.

I am very pleased that AG McKenna addressed the trespass issue. Still reading, but this was great.

Footnote [2]:

There are different ways in which a city might take action to prohibit firearms on city property. One would be for the city legislative authority to enact an ordinance imposing the prohibition. Another would be for a city official to impose the prohibition, if he or she were authorized by city law to impose conditions on access to city property. In our view, the answer to this question does not turn on the manner in which the prohibition might be imposed. [emphasis mine]

In other words, rules and regulations.

ETA: footnote info from the trespass section

deanf

imported post

Upon reading, I have no disappointments. The AG has essentially written the decision for any appellate court that might hear a case out of Seattle or the Port.