• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tuson college student repells home invasion...

GWbiker

imported post

'Wish people would learn how to spell 'Tucson'.

Hey, don't blame me, it was spell check that missed it!:cuss:

BTW, there have been more than several home invasions in Tucson in past weeks.
More than a few BG's were shot by home owners.

RaidersRule

imported post

I'm also a college student and keep a Sig SP2022 next to my bed in a holster bolted to my nightstand. Haven't had to use it yet, but it is fully loaded (one in the pipe) with another 15 round magazine sitting right next to it.

I'm contemplating getting a shotgun after I move out of the current apartment, but I don't currently have any effective way to secure a long arm at home.

Brandon

imported post

protector84 wrote:
When it comes to the thought of a home invasion most of the sheeple will ask themselves "What am I going to do?" In my case the question is more along the lines of "Pistol, shotgun, or rifle?"
Shotgun. Always.

protector84

imported post

Someone tried to break into my place while I was gone but the back door was too well secured so either they didn't have time or preferred looking for an easier target. If someone tried to break in while I was there, I think I would grab the shotgun as my primary weapon with the pistol as a backup if need be. The problem with rifles is they are just too powerful for defensive purposes. Now if a whole gang was breaking in with one or more of them at every door and window, I think the rifle would probably be thebest option.