• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another goof w/a gun

sitedzn

imported post

For cryin' out loud, unload first idiot!

http://tinyurl.com/5mfrnp

Oct 16, 8:16 PM EDT

Man practicing a quick draw shoots himself in leg

BARRE, Vt. (AP) -- Police say a man was recovering from a gunshot wound after he shot himself in the leg with a handgun while practicing a quick draw. Police said a bullet from a revolver entered the 61-year-old man's leg just below the left knee and lodged in his foot.

Police say when rescue crews arrived at about 7 p.m. Tuesday they found the man sitting on the sidewalk near his home.

Police said the man was in stable condition.---

Information from: The Times Argus, http://www.timesargus.com/

Thundar

imported post

sitedzn wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/5mfrnp

Oct 16, 8:16 PM EDT

Man practicing a quick draw shoots himself in leg

BARRE, Vt. (AP) -- Police say a man was recovering from a gunshot wound after he shot himself in the leg with a handgun while practicing a quick draw. Police said a bullet from a revolver entered the 61-year-old man's leg just below the left knee and lodged in his foot.

Police say when rescue crews arrived at about 7 p.m. Tuesday they found the man sitting on the sidewalk near his home.

Police said the man was in stable condition.---

Information from: The Times Argus, http://www.timesargus.com/
Guess they don't have snap caps in Vermont.

Sheriff

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
"Unload first" doesn't always work either. Upon entering the local firearms training range, all weapons must be

unloaded at the gate. Apolice officer, a/k/a as instructor, shot himself in the leg while unloading. :shock:

Walther

imported post

Loaded or not someone needs to learn when the trigger finger goes on the trigger.

The picture made me laugh out loud too.

At Front Sight we learn to draw and fire two rounds into the thorasic cavity within 1.5 seconds. That is fast drawing with a loaded weapon. The weapons don't go bang until the trigger is pulled. I was taught at Front Sight a 5 step drawing process and the finger did not touch the trigger until moving from step 4 to step 5.

Yes alot of practice with dry practice until the speed was up.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Perhaps this is a unique semi-pacifist/masochistic SD technique he is working on:

BG: Give me all your money old man!

OldDude: *fastdrawbangpoint* OOOOWWwwwwwww

BG: WTF

OD: Yeah, yeah, see that, see that blood and bullet hole? If you don't step off and go away that's what I'm doin' to you! You wanna get shot? Hey, man, you know I'm not afraid to pull the trigger ....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
"Hold it. The next man makes a move, the nigger gets it... Drop it! For I swear, I'll blow this nigger's head all over this town. 'Oh Lordy-lord, he's desperate. Do what he say. Do what he say'."

"Candygram for Huffy." "Candygram for Huffy."

"
Huffy-Head-Shot.jpg

"Huffy LIKE Candygram...."

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
"Hold it. The next man makes a move, the nigger gets it... Drop it! For I swear, I'll blow this nigger's head all over this town. 'Oh Lordy-lord, he's desperate. Do what he say. Do what he say'."
While hilarious in the context of Blazing Saddles, without context I think some people reading that are going to get offended:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well, maybe he can get the doc to put in a kevlar kneecap for next time.

At least he has learned that the bullet is faster than the hand. :uhoh:

lets see now.... What was that?
1. squeeze trigger
2. pull gun
3. call hospital

yep ol' quick draw practice works every time. :banghead::banghead:

just watched blazing saddles again last month, and had no problem
with the quote, of course i'm not SS.

Where did you find that range photo?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Then 'they' can delete it.

As long as the trolling old fools have been allowed to go on, I doubt the 'deleters' are paying much attention.

I'm not invested.

"Huffy only pawn in game of life...."

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Then 'they' can delete it.

As long as the trolling old fools have been allowed to go on, I doubt the 'deleters' are paying much attention.

I'm not invested.

"Huffy only pawn in game of life...."
My boss is wondering why I'm doubled over my computer laughing. :lol:

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
QFT

rodbender

imported post

Reminds me of a guy we called "Pinky" in High School. He was Houston LEO right out of High School. He was practicing Quick Draw and shot himself in the leg and foot. Just grazedboth but torethem up pretty good. His wife drove him to the hospital and was informed that they would have to call police because it was a gunshot wound. He told the doctorhe was the police. But they had to call any. Guess who showed up. His ownSgt. He was not allowed to forget it for a while. All of his LEO friends, and us, called him QD for a loooong time. His wife would not allow him to fix thebathroom tilefor about a year. It was ceramic.

open4years

imported post

We had a shooting at a police academy near my home. A highly respected Instructor with decades of experience was demostrating the proper way to hold the gun, aim and fire at a subject. He used his personal gun and pointed it at a female recruit's chest. He pulled the trigger and he had one less to teach. In fact, he never taught again and was devastated at what happened. He KNEW his gun was unloaded.

I know of two local sherrif's deputies who told me they had an "unloaded" gun go off at home. Both were smart enough to have pointed it in a safe direction. I respected them for telling their embarassing story.

There was a case I read about in a gun magazine. An experienced FBI agent had a target on the wall of his office that he used to dry fire at. He finished his dry fire pratice, reloaded hiis weapon and then the phone rang. He had a long, heated conversation and he was pissed when he hung up the phone, he went back to what he had been doing - dry firing. The bullet hit the target, went through the wall and into the back of the head of a promising FBI agent. The agent died, of course and the career was over for the experienced agent. He was also devastated at what he had done.

Don't assume it won't happen to you, ALWAYS point your weapon in a safe direction whether reloading, dry firing and cleaning your weapon. Of course, we al know this, right?

open4years

open4years

imported post

I forgot one!

A local police officer always slept with her loaded Glock under her pillow. One night she happened to move the pillow just right (wrong?) and shot herself in the arm. It was a .45 and she had a devastating wound. I never found out if she was able to return to duty.

open4years