• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Libraries

njeske

imported post

This question pertains more to CC than OC for me, but I'm wondering if libraries are operated by the public schools, which would make them off limits for CC,and I think OC as well. Anyone know?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I believe most of the libraries are operated by the county. Most of thepubliclibaries I've been to are part of the Washoe County Library system, and I've seen no indication that they were part of a school. However, that doesn't mean there might not be some library out there that I'm unaware of which belongs to a school or university that is located off campus.

All of themthat Ihave been to areposted with "No guns allowed per NRS 202.3673" which makes them off limits to concealed carry, but I think technically not off limits to open carry. If they were considered to be part of the education system, they would not need to post the 202.3673 signage.

While open carry would be legal per my understanding of state law (since 202.3673 only applies to concealed carry, and preemption prohibits local governments such as the county from regulating firearms), the library system in Washoe County is currently maintaining an illegal regulation which if enforced would ban anyone from the library system for three months if they possess a "weapon." you can find them at

http:// libwww. washoecounty.us/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=120604&page_id=196 (remove the spaces and paste into browser... the forum wants to change the link for some reason)

I say this needs to be challenged some day.

Vegassteve

imported post

My local branch here in Las Vegas has a sign stating no weapons with a crossed out pistol and subject to prosecution. I just emailed the library system to ask what the policy is. I did notice this last week that since the main door was blocked they were routing folks to the side door. The side door is not posted. So they are not meeting the law on posting. It is a side door that is always open to the public as well.