• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE DANBUS FUND

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Start here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17293.htmlfor the info on why we are getting up donations for his legal defense.

:exclaim: I have opened "The Danbus Fund" at First Market Bank. This is an account where you can donate to danbus's legal defense of the trespassing charge.

Donations can be made by going to any First Market Bank branch and telling them you want to make a deposit to "The Danbus Fund." In a few minutes I will have set up PayPal and GearPay accounts that will lead directly to that fund, and post the info for you to use either of those two electronic payers.

IF Dan does not want the money, or if all of it is not used, I am going to first offer to return $$ in proportion to the total amount divided by your documented contribution. Any $$ still left after that will be used to host a gathering at Hooters at Waterside - time & date to be announced after the legal wrangling is completely over.

I suggest that you NOT state the amount of any contribution you make, but notices that you are making a contribution are welcomed and encouraged.

Please PM me regarding any technical questions, so as to keep this thread clean and devoted to contributions.

stay safe.

skidmark:exclaim:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I will send cash/check when the address and account number are published.

Doug,

Address is First Market Bank, 11101 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond VA 23235.

I'm not going to post the full account number - identity theft is rampant. The last four digits are 9399. You do NOT have to use any account number - just mark your checkfor depositto "The Danbus Fund". I have been assured by the folks there that your check will be deposited without problem. You may attach a note if you wish - that's your call. You can call them at 1-804-378-0150 if you want to get info or clarification before sending your check.

After all that, let me say "THANK YOU".

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

savery wrote:
Skidmark,

Any way you can give us a counter of how much the fund is up to?

I'll post on a weekly basis unless there is a real interest in daily totals. I'm not going to give the initial deposit amount for personal reasons. As of this very moment that is the only deposit in the fund.

I've asked someone I trust to try using PayPal to make a token deposit to verify that it can be done. As soon as that has been taken care of I'll post the PayPay account info for those that want to use it. GearPay is down so will take a while longer to set up an account.

stay safe.

skidmark

Marco

imported post

skidmark wrote:
but notices that you are making a contribution are welcomed and encouraged.

Check enroute.:)

Edit:
comment removed as not to denigrate this thread

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll send a paypal as soon as its up and operational. I would also recommend another restaurant in Waterside, such as Outback Steakhouse, and the food is much better.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Done via Paypal !

Let's get this rolling and keep it rolling.

Danbus speaks for all of us - let's show him how much we appreciate it!

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
I'll send a paypal as soon as its up and operational. I would also recommend another restaurant in Waterside, such as Outback Steakhouse, and the food is much better.

OK, per Grapeshot PayPal is working at pmhenick at aol dot com. I've set The Danbus Fund as the primary acount for PayPal so there should be no problems getting $$ to the right place.

As for the venue of any after-party I have already discussed with several folks via PM that we WILL change to somewhere besides Hooters, so let's not discuss that any more, OK?

stay safe.

skidmark

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

I have set up the information at my bank so that I can send funds to The Danbus Fund in the future. I don't have much, but, I believe Danbus was well within his right to be where he was and should not have been arrested.

2nd Amendment..........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TFred wrote:
I hope this effort is quite sucessful. For reference, here is the link to this thread (from the top):

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17367.html

It may not be a bad idea to post it if and/or whenever you may respond to this issue on other public forums (such as comments added to newspaper articles, etc...).

TFred
Also include the reference for donation through PayPal: pmhenick at aol dot com

Maybe we'll get especially lucky and attract a major contributor.

Signs or flyers in gun shops, ranges and gun shows would be beneficial too.

Yata hey