• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unbelievable

DiscoFever

imported post

Dudes... Everyone on here is a HERO to me.

Venator- Have you ever open carried into the Cornerstone Coffee shop / Grand River Coffee (about 300 ft. from Beaners)? Are you like... 6'2, 30s, clean cut, blonde? A guy with that description came in once with a pretty good looking girl. He had a gun on his hip, and I didn't see a badge.

I can't believe you guys open carry around Michigan. I am sitting here in disbelief.

Anyone from near Ionia?

I'm like... shocked.

My wife is an MSU student. I live south of Ionia, and I come with her to East Lansing a few times a week. Beaners doesn't have many outlets, so I work at "Grand River Coffee".

You guys ALMOST have me wanting to try OCing...

Fabulous... Absolutely fabulous. I guess I have to keep reading!!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the forum! :D

You say "almost," why not go for it? It's surprisingly liberating. And its your natural right as a human being. I say, give it a try.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Citizen wrote:
marshaul wrote:
SNIP I say, give it a try.
After learning the laws very closely, of course.
Well, that's why he came here, isn't it? ;)

Good point.

Course, I have to wonder. When he said everybody on here is a hero to him, did he mean the whole forum? Or just Michigan?

My weekend ain't gonna be right until I know whether to be flattered or offended.

DiscoFever

imported post

Especially my Michigan brethren, but ANYONE who open carries tied for #1 in my book.

I've had a CCW for about a year and a month, and I love concealed carry. The more I read here, the more I'm encouraged to give open carry a shot... though I can hardly even wear my No-Bama shirt in public without getting a red face, lol.

Man, I am going to plug the heck out of this site. It needs to be EVERYWHERE.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

DiscoFever wrote:

Venator- Have you ever open carried into the Cornerstone Coffee shop / Grand River Coffee (about 300 ft. from Beaners)? Are you like... 6'2, 30s, clean cut, blonde? A guy with that description came in once with a pretty good looking girl. He had a gun on his hip, and I didn't see a badge.

I can't believe you guys open carry around Michigan. I am sitting here in disbelief.

Anyone from near Ionia?

I'm like... shocked.

My wife is an MSU student. I live south of Ionia, and I come with her to East Lansing a few times a week. Beaners doesn't have many outlets, so I work at "Grand River Coffee".

Welcome aboard. I OC in the Lansing and East Lansing area a lot. I am 6'2" tall, but well over 30, and I have brown hair, and am some what clean cut, and good looking, don't forget the good looking, but I have not been in that coffee shop, but now I think I will give it a try. OC when you are ready, baby steps.

DiscoFever

imported post

Venator, I hope I'm there when you come in!

Glance around for a guy with a red Dell XPS sporting NRA and USCCA stickers. If my 'Condition Yellow' radar is working, I should have already spotted you... lol!

You've got some REAL guts open carrying around all those college students. Hell- my NRA sticker earns me enough looks.

Anyway, I usually sit on the west wall, near the bookstore entry door. It's a very pleasant atmosphere, but the Lattes and Mochas aren't as good as Beaners.

We've got a Beaners here in Ionia, I work there every OTHER days of the week, lol.

I'd love to meet up with you some time. If you DO come in OCing, I'll buy you whatever you want off the menu :)

Mark Walters wrote an article for this month's Concealed Carry Magazine about Open Carrying, and he included this URL. 20k people get the magazine, so that should help. I'm going to start plugging it in the Armed American Report as well, which reaches 45k more people.

I have NEVER seen anybody open carrying before (except for that guy in Grand River coffee... but he might have been a cop). That needs to change. I should not have been able to grow up in mid Michigan and live outside of Ionia for this long without seeing at least ONE person!

Okay guys, I'm off to Chicago to treat my Disco Fever at the Land Rover dealership.

Adios.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
DiscoFever wrote:

Anyone from near Ionia?

I'm like... shocked.

Welcome aboard. I OC in the Lansing and East Lansing area a lot. I am 6'2" tall, but well over 30, and I have brown hair, and am some what clean cut, and good looking, don't forget the good looking, but I have not been in that coffee shop, but now I think I will give it a try. OC when you are ready, baby steps.
MrV your wife is hot but my wife says you ant no Steven seagall .................as you know she did not say that but it is funny in my small mind !

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
DiscoFever wrote:

Anyone from near Ionia?

I'm like... shocked.

here we go with the self aggrandizing again! seems to slip into every thread:what:
heehee

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Nuthin' heroic 'bout the free exercise of a pre-existing Right. During 'Helldorado' at Tombstone this weeked... I promoted the hell outta OCDO at every opportunity tho to those who were NOT Arizonan's visiting from 'restricted' states and a few foreign countries (Britain, Germany, Denmark). People are fed up with government tyranny and nannyism. Tombstone becomes a regular celebration of OC anything at these 'Old West' events.

DanM

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Nuthin' heroic 'bout the free exercise of a pre-existing Right. . . .

I agree with that, to the extent the exercise is done without expectationof or actually getting harassment, arrest, prosecution, etc. from the gov't. On the other hand, those who've exercised rights in places or at times whensuch negative consequences are a possibility or inevitability, I view as heroes for the cause of liberty. This is just my personal view; nothing wrong with yours.

So, I do view the people who've lawfully OC'd and gotten into a tangle or slammedby the 800 lb gorilla (the state and its agents), and those who lawfully OC knowing they might very well get into the same tangle, as heroic to as much of an extent as those who came forward from the back of the bus or walked into "white only" establishments and tangled with or risked tangling with the same gorilla. Again, my personal view and I know full well this is completely in the realm of opinion. :)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

+1 Points taken. I take OC for granted I s'pose... still makes me furious when I hear of people being harrassed for it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
Venator wrote:
DiscoFever wrote:

Anyone from near Ionia?

I'm like... shocked.

here we go with the self aggrandizing again! seems to slip into every thread:what:
heehee
I slip in to the internet talk show as well. See this weeks show.:lol: