• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judicial Races

Gene Beasley

imported post

The State Supreme Court and Court of Appeals are all uncontested so not really anything to discuss there.

In King County, the Superior Court has three positions on the ballot. Two of the races are losers for us no matter who wins (Position 1: Bradshaw v. Perisien and Position 37: Rietschel v. Mack).

There is one race, however where there is a clear choice. Judge Position 22; Garratt v. Hill. From my research, Garratt is the winner hands down. I base this on who endorses them, their rating by the Bar Association(s) and the Municipal League.

This might be a good place to put your thoughts for your county.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bruce,

How did he meeting go? Bruce Danielson and Kris were in the store and said they were going. Bruce mentioned an idea about an OC picni that would really get the 2nd Anti's in a knot. Does not want it on the internet until AFTER the election and he has a chance to get me a copy of all the laws. Did he mention something like that to you?

PM coming your way.

Ajetpilot

imported post

I enjoyed seeing Bruce and his wife at the Republican Town Meeting. I was pleased that, even though it was a partisan event, he attended as a candidate for a non-partisan office. They explainedhis idea for the OCDO picnic. Great idea. We have to get him elected!

bluer1

imported post

IIRC when I voted a few days ago, there weren't any choices on the Sno. Co. ballot for Judicial, I'm pretty sure I voted all republican for state/district stuff, but the prez. went to Barr. I'm libertarian/independant/whatever and I've only voted once before. I vote on merit/issues, not party and I don't believe in the "lesser of two evils" method. I thought it was interesting though, because I voted mostly Dem last time and I feel I was screwed over since then. So I thought I'd try GOP and I'm looking forward to how things might turn out, I'm leary, but live and learn.

I DO think Rossi will do a better job though, I didn't have a second thought marking that line.

gsx1138

imported post

Already mailed in my ballot. Count one vote for Bruce Danielson.

Had a chance to let our kids play together and they had a great time. He really is a good guy. Conversation was a bit strained because of campaign rules but I had a great time.