• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal aspects of deadly force and CC laws

GreenDrake

imported post

Good, basic information. thanks for sharing, it would be great to have audio of that class. If I am not mistaken, we are not required to notify an officer that we are armed or present a CCW permit if we are simply pulled over for a traffic infraction though.

I understand it may be prudent to do so but it is not required at all by law, correct?

Hiredgun30

imported post

that is correct.. there is nothing in the laws that say we must notify.. they can run your plate and dispatch will tell them before they even approach your vehicle.

BrianEMT

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
that is correct.. there is nothing in the laws that say we must notify.. they can run your plate and dispatch will tell them before they even approach your vehicle.
Actually they will already know by running your plate through MDT (Mobile Data Terminal). An officer would only call dispatch to let them know the check in and out of a traffic stop...

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Would it show anyone related has a permit, or only car tag owner?
If i'm in the wifes car why would it show i'm armed?

Hiredgun30

imported post

i specifically asked these 2 questions to them??

1- is wearing a holstered pistol in your vehicle while driving , considered concealed?they stated YES !!!

2-what is the deffinition of unloaded?as it pertains to a concealedweapon in a vehicle without a CCW.

they stated that the ammo must not be anywhere near the weapon for it to be LEGALLY concealed without a license. and the weapon cant be in arms reach of you.

they didnt even mention brickey vs. idaho or even open carry.

BrianEMT

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Would it show anyone related has a permit, or only car tag owner?
If i'm in the wifes car why would it show i'm armed?
Only if you are listed as an "RO" (Registered Owner), otherwise it will not appear.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

That's why I don't ask LE for legal advice. They usually inject personal or department agendas or are honestly mistaken about things.

BrianEMT

imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
That's why I don't ask LE for legal advice. They usually inject personal or department agendas or are honestly mistaken about things.
Absolutely correct. If you want legal advice, ask a lawyer. Its that simple...

shad0wfax

imported post

Here is the video for slide 31: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwYOf particular interest are 0:13 through 0:46and 1:29 through 2:02.

The video for slide 34: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzri8dn7p0Watch carefully.

I would like to know what the officers said when they referred to the discussion portions of the slides that don't go into more detail, since I do carry concealed (and sometimes openly) in Idaho with my Washgton CPL as a Washington resident.

Hiredgun30

imported post

if you listen closely, towards the end you hear a clicking noise, at fist i thought it was him dry firing, it is him releasing the slide release with a mag in the gun. i wish it showed who supposedly confirmed it was a unloaded weapon whenthe mag was still in the magwell.