• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Soon

RogueWarrior

imported post

OK guys and girls I'm about two to three weeks away from getting my gun and I'll be open carrying as I'm not a US citizen so I can not get a CCW so the weapon I'll be getting is a Taurus 24/7 I would like your help in getting a good holster or two one for Summer use and one for winter as I'll be wearing a three quarter coat thanks for your help

r6-rider

imported post

how are you going to obtain a firearm if your not a US citizen? and wouldnt the 2nd amendment not apply to you being as your not a member of this country?

either way though, go serpa for sure. best OC holster imo

FogRider

imported post

I'm curious as well. I didn't think you could purchace a firearm without being a citizen. Is there any law keeping a non-citizen from having a gun (brought it into the sates with you, given as a gift)?

RogueWarrior

imported post

No from what I've read and spoken to different people I can own and carry a weapon:celebrate

FogRider

imported post

Cool. I hope I didn't come off as not wanting you to have one, I was just wondering about the legality.

Edit:
With all this discussion about legal issues, I forgot to answer your question. I favor Galco leather holsters, and Serpa CQC level 2. I usually use the paddles for the Serpas (they come with a paddle and a belt attachment), and I also have a thigh rig for them. A lot of folks seem to think the thigh rigs are a little tacticool for OC, but I think they have their uses, and definitely get your gun below your coat.

Evil Ernie

imported post

IIRC, a resident alien can own firearms. A buddy of mine at work is Swedish by birth (something we rag on him about constantly!:p), and has been a RA for decades. He legally owns quite a nice collection of shotties, bolt actions, semi's, and various sidearms. He's finally getting around to aquiring Citizenship.....lazy swede...LMAO...

atlantis

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
how are you going to obtain a firearm if your not a US citizen? and wouldnt the 2nd amendment not apply to you being as your not a member of this country?
Remember, the Constitution does not create the right to bear arms. It exists to protect the rights that ALL MEN are born with. So yes, the 2nd Amendment applies to everyone.

"WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,...."

Notice it doesn't say just U.S. Citizens are endowed with unalienable rights....

So I'd say, if he has the right to be here, is an adult, and legally owns his weapon... he can carry it.

Orygunner

imported post

atlantis wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
Remember, the Constitution does not create the right to bear arms. It exists to protect the rights that ALL MEN are born with. So yes, the 2nd Amendment applies to everyone.

"WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,...."

Notice it doesn't say just U.S. Citizens are endowed with unalienable rights....

So I'd say, if he has the right to be here, is an adult, and legally owns his weapon... he can carry it.

+1

Absolutely. The Bill of Rights protectsthe rights of "The People" not "The Citizens".

I don't know aboutNew Mexico, but anOregon resident can get a CHL if they're a legal resident alien residing in the county six months and have paperwork that they are pursuing US citizenship (I think that's what it says, IAMAL ;) )

...Orygunner...