• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on your own property??

jhanson25

imported post

I know that FL does not allow open carry in public, but I am asking if on my own property (yard and deck) if i can legally open carry. I moved from MI this summer and this no open carry law is total BS. And in a red state even!

cvickers

imported post

[align=center]790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons[/align]
[align=center](3)LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes: [/align]
n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

790.53 Open carrying of weapons.Tell what can be carried openly.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--set requirements for concealed carry permits.

According to Florida State Statutes you may open carry at you home or you place of business.

bluelinewalker2

imported post

AHH another Michigander movin to the great state of Florida!Welcome my friend.I dont blame you for moving from MI.I made the move over 10 years ago and dont miss it a bit.Im from Flint and didnt realize you could walk around at night and not get mugged until I moved to Florida.lol

jhanson25

imported post

Flint??? No kidding!! I grew up in Owosso! Flint is pretty nasty! Where in FL did you relocate to?

bluelinewalker2

imported post

These are my pride and joys......and I carry to protect them at all times.Now isnt that a good reason for OPEN CARRY to pass.....lol

Papi

imported post

bluelinewalker2 wrote:
AHH another Michigander movin to the great state of Florida!
I've been in Florida for 18 years (originally from Lapeer...you cats from Flint and Owosso should actually know where that is!!). I wish I could afford to spend summers in MI and winters down here so I could see my family more, but there is no way I could move back up there with the MI economy and employment opportunities the way they are right now.

bluelinewalker2

imported post

Welcome Papi!Lapeer, damn right I knowwhere it is......I used to work at Duracon Industries in Lapeer.I dont miss Michigan one bit.Welcome and thanks for joining OpenCarry......Did you sign the petition?:)

Papi

imported post

bluelinewalker2 wrote:
Welcome Papi!Lapeer, damn right I knowwhere it is......I used to work at Duracon Industries in Lapeer.I dont miss Michigan one bit.Welcome and thanks for joining OpenCarry......Did you sign the petition?:)
Oh yeah...signed the petition the day I signed up on this forum. I think OC in Florida would be a wonderful thing.

I've had friends who worked at Duracon in the past. It almost seems I read recently that the shut down their operations in Lapeer (or are going to).

How do you like living in the Panhandle? (I live in the city of "Urban" renewal)