• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater Dining... Any suggestions?

AbNo

imported post

So, it looks like I'll be in Tidewater today and possibly early tomorrow. Any decent OCD(ining)O(ut) locations anyone can recommend in Norfolk/ Virginia Beach?

Maybe something besides Hooters. I'm not a big wings fan. :lol:

What's that burger joint in downtown VA Beach called again?

I'll try and check this thread sometime after noon. :)

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

You may be talking about Kelly's in the Gent area of Downtown Norfolk?? They're locally famous for there burgers. In VA Beach Rockefellers in the Rudee Inlet secton is good and Dirty Dicks is great also. I've OCed several times at both places. If you like real Mexican food there's a place Ma Casitas on Bonney Road that's great and very easy to find.

SoldierMedic

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:
So, it looks like I'll be in Tidewater today and possibly early tomorrow. Any decent OCD(ining)O(ut) locations anyone can recommend in Norfolk/ Virginia Beach?

Maybe something besides Hooters. I'm not a big wings fan. :lol:

What's that burger joint in downtown VA Beach called again?

I'll try and check this thread sometime after noon. :)

Fudruckers. Independence and VaBeach Blvd. Take the Independence Blvd. exit and then left on VaBeach Blvd. it'll be on your left about 100 meters up, but you'll have to go up and make a U-turn at the next light and come back down. Get a milkshake there, they rock. Don't know their policy on OC.

Bubba Ron

imported post

SoldierMedic wrote:
Fudruckers. Independence and VaBeach Blvd. Take the Independence Blvd. exit and then left on VaBeach Blvd. it'll be on your left about 100 meters up, but you'll have to go up and make a U-turn at the next light and come back down. Get a milkshake there, they rock. Don't know their policy on OC.
We have had many OC dining outs at the Fuddruckers on Independence and VB Blvd. Never had a problem - but honestly, the burgers are much better at the Red Robins.

The bottom line is we have been doing OC dining outs in the Tidewater area - both Southside and the Peninsula, at least twice a month, since July 2006. We have never been denied service.

Edited - it's bottom not button :(

Bubba Ron

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
IHOP and the Silver Diner on VA beach Blvd are good also. All this dining out talk is making me want to go out to dinner tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're planning on having breakfast at the Green Parrot Grille tomorrow morning, otherwise we'd be up (down) for joining you for dinner tonight!!!

Bubba Ron

imported post

cwolfs69 wrote:
where is the green parrot grille and what time is the breakfast. need to be with the group again. haven't been there in a while.
Here's a link with directions, half way down the first page is a close up map:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17193-1.html

It's the place that 18 of us went last Wednesday. We won't be carrying as we're going to the base exchange right after breakfast. We'll be there around 9:30 tomorrow morning, I don't know of anyone else going - we'd be glad to have you join us if you can.

darthmord

imported post

I'd show up but my wife has her reserve drill this weekend which leaves me with the kids. I'm not going to drag the kids out. I just don't have it in me to put on a happy face before 11am and have 4 kids in tow. I'm not a morning person.

But has anyone started talking about an October OC dining out?

Bubba Ron

imported post

darthmord wrote:
There already is a Tidewater October OC Dining Out thread - and we've had 2 dining outs this month. One was just before the Norfolk City Council meeting at the Freemason Abbey and the other was last Wednesday night at the Green Parrot Grille.

Edit to add - Or did you mean another October OC Dining Out?

AbNo

imported post

darthmord wrote:
I'd show up but my wife has her reserve drill this weekend which leaves me with the kids. I'm not going to drag the kids out. I just don't have it in me to put on a happy face before 11am and have 4 kids in tow. I'm not a morning person.

I figured that would explain all the tan I saw on the interstate coming back Sunday evening.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. Makes me wish I had more OCers around me.

I'm the oooooonly one! :cry:

darthmord

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
darthmord wrote:
There already is a Tidewater October OC Dining Out thread - and we've had 2 dining outs this month. One was just before the Norfolk City Council meeting at the Freemason Abbey and the other was last Wednesday night at the Green Parrot Grille.

Edit to add - Or did you mean another October OC Dining Out?

Sorry, didn't realize the after-council meeting dinner was included in the count.

Well, that and two weeks ago may as well be last month for me.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Actually the after city council meeting was not included - the before city council meeting was our 1st this month and the one on Oct 15 was a quickie to support a restaurant owner who came up to our table at the gun show and said she would love to have us at her place.

We've still got time for a "real" dining out, although in all fairness, the next one should be on the peninsula. Maybe someone will suggest a new place over there???

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Fudruckers is always good:lol: Not sure what is up on the peninsula. I haven't eaten out there too much. Lets see when everyone is free and I'll figure out if i can go or not based upon my school work.