• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Man Band Diner

mazellan819

imported post

The one man band in Pleasant Grove decided that they did not like the fact that I was open carrying. They asked me when we placed our order if I would cover up. I told them that I would just take my business elsewhere and that I would not visit their establishment again. I will also send an email to the owner and explain my feelings on this matter. I have been to the one in Lehi and have never been asked to leave or cover up. I am really disappointed in their choice. I thought you might want to know that they appose open carry.

questions@onemanbanddiner.com.

Feel free to voice your feelings as well. I will keep you guys updated when and if I hear back from them.

Email below:
To whom it may concern,

Tonight I went to the restaurant in Pleasant Grove. We sat down and picked up the phone to order. When my wife finished placing our order, the young man on the phone asked if I was the one carrying a firearm openly. My wife said that I was and the young man then asked if I would cover it up. Now I do have a current Utah Conceal Permit and could cover legally. However, if I did not have one then your employee would be requesting for me to break state law. I am extremely disappointed with this. I have frequented the Lehi store many times while open carrying and not had any problems whatsoever. I am also concerned that if a police officer were to enter the store if the same employee would ask them to cover up. If they would not then that is a double standard. I have a bachelors degree in criminal justice/law enforcement and am waiting to attend the academy to become a police officer. As a Utah Concealed Permit holder, I am subject to a daily criminal check and have been through an extensive FBI background check and found to be trustworthy enough to carry a loaded firearm even to a school as a substitute teacher. How much do you know about your other customers especially the criminal that may be concealing illegally. As per my disappointment I am therefore not going to frequent any of your restraints again. I have also let all of the other open carriers and permit holders in Utah the situation and urged them to take their money to other 2nd amendment friendly establishments. Good luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Mazellan (full name omitted)

mazellan819

imported post

The "one man" behind the counter was either the one who initiated the request or there was a customer complained. If it was a customer I know which one it was because there was a guy in the next booth who was giving the stinkeye. However, I chose not to push the issue but rather let them know that because they felt I should cover my civil rights I would take my hard earned cash elsewhere and notify their corporate office.

scorpioajr

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
The one man band in Pleasant Grove decided that they did not like the fact that I was open carrying. They asked me when we placed our order if I would cover up. I told them that I would just take my business elsewhere and that I would not visit their establishment again. I will also send an email to the owner and explain my feelings on this matter. I have been to the one in Lehi and have never been asked to leave or cover up. I am really disappointed in their choice. I thought you might want to know that they appose open carry.

questions@onemanbanddiner.com.

Feel free to voice your feelings as well. I will keep you guys updated when and if I hear back from them.

Email below:
To whom it may concern,

Tonight I went to the restaurant in Pleasant Grove. We sat down and picked up the phone to order. When my wife finished placing our order, the young man on the phone asked if I was the one carrying a firearm openly. My wife said that I was and the young man then asked if I would cover it up. Now I do have a current Utah Conceal Permit and could cover legally. However, if I did not have one then your employee would be requesting for me to break state law. I am extremely disappointed with this. I have frequented the Lehi store many times while open carrying and not had any problems whatsoever. I am also concerned that if a police officer were to enter the store if the same employee would ask them to cover up. If they would not then that is a double standard. I have a bachelors degree in criminal justice/law enforcement and am waiting to attend the academy to become a police officer. As a Utah Concealed Permit holder, I am subject to a daily criminal check and have been through an extensive FBI background check and found to be trustworthy enough to carry a loaded firearm even to a school as a substitute teacher. How much do you know about your other customers especially the criminal that may be concealing illegally. As per my disappointment I am therefore not going to frequent any of your restraints again. I have also let all of the other open carriers and permit holders in Utah the situation and urged them to take their money to other 2nd amendment friendly establishments. Good luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Mazellan (full name omitted)

Sounds like you did the right thing. You didn't make a scene, or give the sever or management any reason to feel validated in asking you to conceal. Also, I like that you left right there and then. it makes a strong statement and it is very inspiring.

Way to keep a level head. Keep us posted on any further communications.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Sounds like I need to go to the "ONE MAN BAND" place in Pleasant Grove as see if I get the same treatment.... so they can get the same treatment from me!

JoeSparky

youscareme

Banned
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Sounds like I need to go to the "ONE MAN BAND" place in Pleasant Grove as see if I get the same treatment.... so they can get the same treatment from me!

JoeSparky

me too.

b1ack5mith

imported post

same thing happened to me in the payson one man band. i wont OC there anymore because they asked me to leave. looking back, i shoulda asked for a refund LOL

Hef

imported post

pitythefools wrote:
How dare they have an opinion or beleif that is not the same as ours.
They have a right to whatever opinion or belief they choose. We aren't forcing them to opine or believe anything. They, however, are attempting to force US to act within THEIR beliefs when they ask us to remove or cover our lawfully-possessed firearms.

As a business, they step into dangerous territory when they project their beliefs on the public. They gamble with their business when they promote ideology rather than product and service. Customers can and do voice their approval (or disapproval) with their wallets.

The OP has made clear to the management how he disapproves, and that his spending will reflect that.

Isn't the free market a wonderful thing?

mazellan819

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Hef wrote:
Isn't the free market a wonderful thing?
With the market down some 5000 points or 37%, Id have to say we need to rethink the ideas of "free" markets. 

Point of correction, the term free market has to deal with one company competing against another company selling similar products. With competition technology increases. Wall street is different. They invest their money in companies and depend on the "market" or stock market number to increase therefore making a profit. The process of investing in stocks has nothing to do with competition of the free market. Investing is a way to make a profit from the free market.

Edit: Words to live by. Do not invest money you can not afford to loose.

I have not lost any money due to the fact that I have no money I can afford to loose.

mazellan819

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:
Point of correction, the term free market has to deal with one company competing against another company selling similar products. With competition technology increases. Wall street is different. They invest their money in companies and depend on the "market" or stock market number to increase therefore making a profit. The process of investing in stocks has nothing to do with competition of the free market. Investing is a way to make a profit from the free market.
Im aware of how markets work, the point is one impacts the other fluidly, its a two way street.  With the way the STOCK market is, it is an indicator of how free markets are functioning(or lack there of).

It is not a two way street. Investing in the stocks have nothing to do with a company doing well. Buying stock only benefits the stock holder. If the company does well then the stock holders profit. If the company does bad the stock holder looses money. Explain how someone investing in stocks has an effect on how well the company does?

mazellan819

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:
It is not a two way street. Investing in the stocks have nothing to do with a company doing well. Buying stock only benefits the stock holder. If the company does well then the stock holders profit. If the company does bad the stock holder looses money. Explain how someone investing in stocks has an effect on how well the company does?
Im kinda sick of all the fighting and "one-upping" that goes on at this site, constant bickering and chest thumping.  I feel like Im at church.  You can win, free markets and the stock market have NO bearing on eachother. 

Huh? You brought it up and now you give up at the first sign of opposition?

Well sorry I got your panties all bunched up.

youscareme

Banned
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:
Im kinda sick of all the fighting and "one-upping" that goes on at this site, constant bickering and chest thumping. I feel like Im at church. You can win, free markets and the stock market have NO bearing on eachother.
"I feel like Im at church."

LOL that is classic!