• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Man Band Diner

ainokea

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
It is not a two way street. Investing in the stocks have nothing to do with a company doing well. Buying stock only benefits the stock holder. If the company does well then the stock holders profit. If the company does bad the stock holder looses money. Explain how someone investing in stocks has an effect on how well the company does?
Why do you think a company sells their stock? It is so they can raise capital ($$$) to reinvest into the company. They sell off part of the comapny with the hope that the new capital will help it grow. Sounds like a big benefit for the company.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

ainokea wrote:
Why do you think a company sells their stock? It is so they can raise capital ($$$) to reinvest into the company. They sell off part of the comapny with the hope that the new capital will help it grow. Sounds like a big benefit for the company.
This is true during the IPO (initial public offering) or at other times when the company decides to sell stock.

However, most of the time, the stock that is bought and sold is being exchanged between third parties. The money does NOT go into the company. So at a first pass, buying stock on the open market generally has no direct benefit to the company unless you are buying directly from the company itself.

Taken to a 2nd order analysis things change a bit. Your purchase of stock, even on the free market, helps demonstrate demand for that stock which keeps the price up. This can benefit the company if it decides to sell additional stock to raise money.

More common however is that large stock owners in a company are often company officers. Higher stock prices certainly benefit them when they decide to liquidate their personally owned shares. These are the guys who most often could affect policy change.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Did my PROMISED trip to ONE MAN BAND this afternoon.

Did all but point to the holstered weapon on my hip in an attempt to get someone to say something too me.... NO JOY!

I don't know if the experience others had has been squashed as a result of letters written or not. Or if the just don't think that an old fat grey haired guy with a mustache is a threat.

Maybe it is just a selective fear of weapons... like we only worry about openly carried holstered weapons on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and today is Friday, so no problem.

For the record I will NOT be ordering the Fish and Chips again!

JoeSparky

ainokea

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
...old fat grey haired guy with a mustache...
They probably thought you were an undercover cop!!:lol::lol:

On the serious side it may have been the opinion of the employee that made the comment (asking to cover up the gun) not the company policy!

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ainokea wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

On the serious side it may have been the opinion of the employee that made the comment (asking to cover up the gun) not the company policy!
Couldn't have been.... NO DONUTS!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

JoeSparky

youscareme

Banned
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
ainokea wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

Couldn't have been.... NO DONUTS!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

JoeSparky
wow.....

brokenarrows

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
ainokea wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

JoeSparky
Is it reqired to have donuts with every meal officer?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
ainokea wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

JoeSparky
Is it reqired to have donuts with every meal officer?
Many of the lowly NON-OFFICER populous seem to think so!

mazellan819

imported post

It possibly could have be just the opinion of the lone employee. However, with no response from corp. to any of my emails tells me that they do not care that they have lost my business.

swjr

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
...The one man band in Pleasant Grove decided that they did not like the fact that I was open carrying. They asked me when we placed our order if I would cover up......
If a business owner gives you permission to "cover up" or "conceal" your weapon on their property would this give you the right to do so, even without a CFP?

I know on personal property the property owner can let you conceal while on his/her property. Does it work this way for businesses too? I'm under the impression I am OK concealing my firearm in my work desk because my boss doesn't mind... my CFP is on order :D:D:D

swjr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
... my CFP is on order :D:D:D
Im just glad that ONE of the people in your relationship has their head on straight!!!:shock::p

He's going to read this you know....

:shock:

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
SNIP...
I know on personal property the property owner can let you conceal while on his/her property. Does it work this way for businesses too? I'm under the impression I am OK concealing my firearm in my work desk because my boss doesn't mind... my CFP is on order :D:D:D
I may be wrong on this but....

If the firearm is NOT on your person but in an object like a desk drawer it does NOT meet the Utah definition of CONCEALED.

Consider it the same as an unlocked but secure case in your car!

JoeSparky
edit: spelling from "if" to "it"

swjr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
He's going to read this you know....

:shock:
I know I know...... I just hope he doesnt get drunk and try to pee on me like Im some two-bit microwave..... yeah, I know allllll yer secrets!!!:p
I have absolutely no idea what you are refering to... :?

xmirage2kx

imported post

ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
If a business owner gives you permission to "cover up" or "conceal" your weapon on their property would this give you the right to do so, even without a CFP?

" in a place other than his residence, property, or business under his control "

I would find it reasonable to assume if you were given permission to cover up by your boss (or property/business owner)he is granting his permission to you and allowing you to share this "control" of this aspect of the business/property/residence making it OK to conceal unless he removes your ability to have this "control".

but of course IANAL

swjr

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:

" in a place other than his residence, property, or business under his control "

I would find it reasonable to assume if you were given permission to cover up by your boss (or property/business owner)he is granting his permission to you and allowing you to share this "control" of this aspect of the business/property/residence making it OK to conceal unless he removes your ability to have this "control".

but of course IANAL

So, in this instance in the diner - if the business owner told you to cover up and you DO NOT havea CFP are you breaking the law if you follow his wishes?

:question::question::question: