• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Next Year, Gun-Wise

BlaineG

imported post

The anti's are gearing up as we speak for a real tough season of banning as soon as Obama hit's the WhiteHouse (and that's looking like a possibility). This will happen ifthe'Crats own DC. I would advise you to beg, borrow, etc and get your HiCap mags, EBRs, anything Semi-Auto, etc. You know the drill. And, if you're so inclined, you might want to make a plan to "disappear" anything you have a paper trail to. Just sayin'...........

DEROS72

imported post

Well I agree ,but are we just going to let them do it???????

Bookman and I went shooting yeterday and hit a couple of gun shops.they were full .When asked, people were in there buying up for that very reason.Saw several gals getting armed up .In my mind the second ammenedment is and always will be.It connot be voted ,legislated ,ruled on or intiatived out of exsistance.That is why the founders of this country made it the second ammendment.I don,t care if the supreme court ,the house and congress all voted to ban guns in this country it would be unenforceble because in my mind like the first ammendment the second is not even up for discussion.I hope any LEOS reading this board would have sense enough not to try to enforce bans.If Obama is elected I believe we are headed for civil war.I hear alot of people talking tough but when the sierra hotel india tango hits the fan will they just cave or stand up for the rights we have.A lot of us are ex military I was ranger in Vietnam .And have passed some of my training to others in the past.I as well as others thanks to our government are better trained than a lot of LE. Personally I was well trained in weapons,explosives,booby traps,ambush tactics etc.and saw combat.Just because we don,t wear the uniforn anymore doesn,t mean all those skills eveporate.We are going to have to take a stand and pass this skills to others and be prepared to defend our rights outlined in our constitution, which is non negotiable.I have been law abiding ,paid taxes and worked hard all my life.I don,t want to see it come to that but we can be passive and let it happen or be prepared.I have met LEOs that are arrogant enough to think they are the law and should be the only ones armed in society.Or think they are the only ones trained in combat tactics.Well that is a falicy.I will continue to abide by the law,pay my taxes and be prepared to defend myself and those around me.Untill someone tries to make a law taking away my right to bear arms.Again the 2nd ammendment in my mind can,t even be dicused in the context of bans or restrictions.When they take that away it will be easy to take our other freedoms in the name of what these liberal elitist think best.And when they try this they will enlist the help of the UN.I ever see some foriegn UN troop in my America I will react accordingly.It will be considered an invasion by a hostile invading army and dispatched with extreme.predudice.Be prepared people in the meantime encourage other law abiding citizens to arm up and carry .No one has anything to fear as long as we and the 2nd ammendment are left alone.

BlaineG

imported post

Save a place in the bunker for me, DEROS. I retired in 1992:cool: I'm just saying it's time to stock up. I don't feel the need for an EBR, I have a nice SKS that's like new reconditioned at the Russian Factory. A couple cases of ammo are in order, tho and a few dozen stripper clips, too.....Other than that, I'm getting extra .45acp and .22 and have supplies for thousandsof reloads in 45-70, .44mag, .444, 357, '06 , 30WCF and so on....... BTW, .22s are way under rated; everyone needs about 20 bricks of that around. Shotgun, too: Those WallyWorld 100 packs of 12ga uplandgameloads will shred the competion at close range. Blue makes a good target, don't it? Ever see what a 405 grain 45-70 round does to stuff? :dude: Let's go shoot sometime........

DEROS72

imported post

Thats great Blaine but are you ready to use it?.I will never start anything would even defend Obama with my life if president other wise we degenerate into one of those third world garbage societies .But I will allow no government to take away my right to defend myself ,families and even nieghbors I don,t like.It,s time we start taking a stand on masse to demonstrate that we will not let this go.Unfortunatly do to my retirement income my arsenal is somewhat limited but hope to improve that soon.My 80 year old dad and 75 year old step mom never leave the house without their weapons.My dad is also ex military and he and my mom know how to use them.Even at 80 I wouldn,t mess with him.

BlaineG

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thats great Blaine but are you ready to use it?.I will never start anything would even defend Obama with my life if president other wise we degenerate into one of those third world garbage societies .But I will allow no government to take away my right to defend myself ,families and even nieghbors I don,t like.It,s time we start taking a stand on masse to demonstrate that we will not let this go.Unfortunatly do to my retirement income my arsenal is somewhat limited but hope to improve that soon.My 80 year old dad and 75 year old step mom never leave the house without their weapons.My dad is also ex military and he and my mom know how to use them.Even at 80 I wouldn,t mess with him.
Oh, yeah... I'm on the side of the Constitutition. That includes taking[shadow=red]lawful orders[/shadow] from my CinC: We still are in the Military, you know, if retired. You don't need an arsenal, just a couple and lots of ammo. I was ready 35 years ago and remain so today. It's not so hard to defend your country when the enemy is in your front yard.

gsx1138

imported post

I've been rattling my brain on this very subject. It's easy for gun owners, and many do, to get tough on the internet. But if it comes toa gun ban who's going to call, "civil war"? Most of us are fiercly independent and unlikely to just jump on any bandwagon. What happened with Waco and Ruby Ridge? Nothing. It saddens me to think I'd die alone fighting for the constitution while many others stand around wondering if this is the real deal or not.

My greatest regret was never joining the military; so I could really use mentoring in everything you described DEROS72. I'm competent with my weapons but I'm no Rambo. So far as I can tell there's no organized civilian army that could actually act to do anything. I suspect most of us would be easily picked off before any kind of resistance was mounted.

That all said, the government would not be so obvious with a gun ban. They'd start with little laws here and there before making it impossible to own a firearm. Plus, they'd have every gun owners name, like now, in a database for easy identification.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Well I agree ,but are we just going to let them do it???????

Bookman and I went shooting yeterday and hit a couple of gun shops.they were full .When asked, people were in there buying up for that very reason.Saw several gals getting armed up .In my mind the second ammenedment is and always will be.It connot be voted ,legislated ,ruled on or intiatived out of exsistance.That is why the founders of this country made it the second ammendment.I don,t care if the supreme court ,the house and congress all voted to ban guns in this country it would be unenforceble because in my mind like the first ammendment the second is not even up for discussion.I hope any LEOS reading this board would have sense enough not to try to enforce bans.If Obama is elected I believe we are headed for civil war.I hear alot of people talking tough but when the sierra hotel india tango hits the fan will they just cave or stand up for the rights we have.A lot of us are ex military I was ranger in Vietnam .And have passed some of my training to others in the past.I as well as others thanks to our government are better trained than a lot of LE. Personally I was well trained in weapons,explosives,booby traps,ambush tactics etc.and saw combat.Just because we don,t wear the uniforn anymore doesn,t mean all those skills eveporate.We are going to have to take a stand and pass this skills to others and be prepared to defend our rights outlined in our constitution, which is non negotiable.I have been law abiding ,paid taxes and worked hard all my life.I don,t want to see it come to that but we can be passive and let it happen or be prepared.I have met LEOs that are arrogant enough to think they are the law and should be the only ones armed in society.Or think they are the only ones trained in combat tactics.Well that is a falicy.I will continue to abide by the law,pay my taxes and be prepared to defend myself and those around me.Untill someone tries to make a law taking away my right to bear arms.Again the 2nd ammendment in my mind can,t even be dicused in the context of bans or restrictions.When they take that away it will be easy to take our other freedoms in the name of what these liberal elitist think best.And when they try this they will enlist the help of the UN.I ever see some foriegn UN troop in my America I will react accordingly.It will be considered an invasion by a hostile invading army and dispatched with extreme.predudice.Be prepared people in the meantime encourage other law abiding citizens to arm up and carry .No one has anything to fear as long as we and the 2nd ammendment are left alone.

I also want to add that we went to the range at Champion Arms for some high velocity paper punching. Even on a weekday the entire range was full when we got there. People are beginning to use their lunch breaks more and more to practice. Many of them are shooting with new iron. One group we ran into was a Father, mother, daughter trio. The father was in the process of teaching the two women how to shoot and bought a pistol for each of them. The mother stated that she wants one specifically because she's afraid of the Obama machine. She's afraid that if he's elected our gun rights will be nickel and dimed out of existence, so she wants to get her personal protection NOW! I have to say that it was a very interesting morning talking to these folks.

ETF: Grammar

DEROS72

imported post

Independent yes ,but united on these issues.I agree they are going to try little things first.Mayor nichols is a good example.Despite the AG's opinion he is ging to try to ban guns from city property anyway.They use PC phases like "for public safety" as an exuse.If hundreds of law abiding gun owning citizens all carrying had a picnic in one of these parks ,well that makes a statement.He is planning a public hearing ,we need hundreds or more law abiding gun toting VOTERS to show up.But I here everyone talking tough but when it gets down to it I also here ,well I can,t make it I have to work ,or I don,t want certain people to know" Bunch of lame ass exuses.Thats why we are in jepordy of losing our rights because no one seems to actually walk what they talk.Wehave to let them know that it is not just abunch of scattered individuals but a nation,On this issue ,we can all agree to disagree on other issues later.I,m no Rambo either but do to life experiences have skills that millions of others have.Some have more some less but I try to pass on the knowledge I do have.I have 3 daughters and taught them all to shoot ,A .22 ruger was my 12th b-day gift as with a lot of folks.We need to continue those traditions.Hell my first year in high school in Texas ,we had a shooting club.Anyway we have to start standing together on this issue,independent or not or we will lose it.Or die alone trying to keep it.

DEROS72

imported post

Surprisingly Bookman Aka Cletis shoots pretty good for for an old ex sailor

BlaineG

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I've been rattling my brain on this very subject. It's easy for gun owners, and many do, to get tough on the internet. But if it comes toa gun ban who's going to call, "civil war"? Most of us are fiercly independent and unlikely to just jump on any bandwagon. What happened with Waco and Ruby Ridge? Nothing. It saddens me to think I'd die alone fighting for the constitution while many others stand around wondering if this is the real deal or not.

My greatest regret was never joining the military; so I could really use mentoring in everything you described DEROS72. I'm competent with my weapons but I'm no Rambo. So far as I can tell there's no organized civilian army that could actually act to do anything. I suspect most of us would be easily picked off before any kind of resistance was mounted.

That all said, the government would not be so obvious with a gun ban. They'd start with little laws here and there before making it impossible to own a firearm. Plus, they'd have every gun owners name, like now, in a database for easy identification.
It won't be civil war, it will be the kind of determination that secured rights for Blacks and others. Perhaps hundred or thousands of us at a rally. Remember: Washington's "2nd" is stronger than the USA's 2nd.......10,000 of us, carrying, at the StateHouse Lawn is not illegal, but would make a statement. Same anyplace. Be prepared to sacrifice. If we start a war, we will not win it, but we should be prepared to defend ourselves and be sure that someone is left behind to tell the story. Eventually, the story will get out and the constitution should prevail. Ignorance is against us, not bad people (for the most part). BTW, Ruby Ridge and Waco complelely changed the SOP on that sort of thing and I don't think you'll ever see it again.

Bear 45/70

imported post

The thing most people forget is that when you swore your oath on entering the military, you did NOT swear to defend the government, only the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. And as Blaine said follow LAWFUL ORDERS andorders that go against the Constitution is not lawful. The military is suppose to step aside if the US citizens decide to overthrown the government, which is our right under the Constitution. I personally think it is long overdue. This government makes the English King's government seem benign.

DEROS72

imported post

I wholeheartedly agree Bear.And a little off topic... My daughter and sone in law just dropped by to advise me that I will be a grandpa for the first timeby June.We have more june b-days in my family than I can count including myself.Anyway I thought it pretty cool.

gsx1138

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree Bear.And a little off topic... My daughter and sone in law just dropped by to advise me that I will be a grandpa for the first timeby June.We have more june b-days in my family than I can count including myself.Anyway I thought it pretty cool.
Grats! You feel even older now? ;)

BlaineG

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks guys.....Boy i am old!!!!!

But still lookin gooooood.

:dude:That's what Bear looks like, except his "Boys" are in a lockbox in the kitchen.

BTW, Excellent news on the Grandbaby!!!:cool: I'm 58 and don't have any yet:(

Derka

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
The thing most people forget is that when you swore your oath on entering the military, you did NOT swear to defend the government, only the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. And as Blaine said follow LAWFUL ORDERS andorders that go against the Constitution is not lawful. The military is suppose to step aside if the US citizens decide to overthrown the government, which is our right under the Constitution. I personally think it is long overdue. This government makes the English King's government seem benign.
+1

Yes, the military should lawfully step aside. But do you think that will actually happen? According to the Military Times, we are now going to dedicate a portion of the military just to deal with us, citizens. TheGovernment believes that may help them, but the military has a different opinion, based on theirresearch. I don't remember the exact reference, but they said something like 50% of soldiers would flat out refuse to attack US citizens, and they believe that many of those would forcefully resist any attempt to attack US citizens. They believe the split would almost completely demoralize the remaining troops, and so many would go AWOL that they could not sustain a long term engagement. I believe theycomparedlosing soldiersto a hemorrhaging wound.

With that said, I personally knowa fewsoldiers who would blindlyfollow orders because they believe that whatever the Government tells them to do is the right thing. I also know quite a few others who would turn on anyone who gave them such an order. I think the military would split, one side defending the Government, one side defending the people. And like DEROS72 says, the UN islikely to back the Government against us.

Something that needs thinking about, especially when we start "talking big" on the internet. This is not some little backyard fist fight that you have a good chance of walking away from. This is civil war. Against one of, if not THE, most powerful government in the world. How many of us will be talking big then?

DEROS72

imported post

Yeah my daughter is such a career girl GM for a major bank before she was 24.So I never thought I would see a grandchild.And thanks.By the way I raised her right she can quote stats on most Seahawk players and will never miss a game..My son in law has season tickets ,making him my new best friend.Also National Guard I hope he doesn,t have to deploy before his baby is born.

showing off ...my daughter and son in law