• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun store in Bellingham

heresolong

imported post

Over in the Lincoln Business Park, just up the street from the old drive in theater. It is called Survival Solutions and they just expanded last month to start selling guns. Good prices on rifles (they have a scoped Dragunov in beautiful shape for $895 but I have no money :(). I stopped by to introduce myself and see if they would carry the OC flyer. He was at that exact moment talking to two guys about OC and handed them each a flyer. He said he will need a lot more than I brought in so I will need to get off my butt and get some more made. Is there still a source here for inexpensive color copies?

just_a_car

imported post

You didn't see a Dragunov SVD at that price, you saw a ROMAK-3/PSL; they are very different.

Just about the only things the same is the cartridge they shoot and the general appearance.

Also, there are PSL's to be had for around $700 right now online. Add in a $20 ship and $15 transfer and you're saving over $100.

As for color copies, if I'm remembering correctly, Jim675 has some to sell, or at least used to: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=14242&forum_id=55&jump_to=230453#p230453

carhark

Opt-Out Members
Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Is there still a source here for inexpensive color copies?

As a student at WWU, I can print 500 free pages per quarter, so long as they are greyscale. Maybe towards the end of the quarter, depending on how many pages I print for school purposes, I can print a couple hundred pamphlets.

heresolong

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
You didn't see a Dragunov SVD at that price, you saw a ROMAK-3/PSL; they are very different.

Just about the only things the same is the cartridge they shoot and the general appearance.

Also, there are PSL's to be had for around $700 right now online. Add in a $20 ship and $15 transfer and you're saving over $100.
Oh. Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
How is their selection of handguns?
O.K. this reply might be a little late but i but my Glock there and my womans s&w compact 9 there and they can order about anything you want. They are good guys, and it's good to see bellingham get a decent gun store back. I remember the good old days when fountain district had an excellent shop. I also remember when some dumb crook tried to rob them...who in there right mind would rob a gunstore...the old man shot him 3 times before the guy could even pull the trigger.

Richard6218

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
How is their selection of handguns?
some dumb crook tried to rob them...who in there right mind would rob a gunstore...the old man shot him 3 times before the guy could even pull the trigger.
Robbing a gun store??? :lol: I know most crooks are stupid but that really takes the cake. Dumb s*** got what he had coming to him.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yea he was an idiot ....the owner and older gentleman always open carried too...I live a block away and went in and talked to the owner the very next day. He told me the whole story...wich didn't get published properly in the Herald of course.

Richard6218

imported post

Yea he was an idiot ....the owner and older gentleman always open carried too...I live a block away and went in and talked to the owner the very next day. He told me the whole story...wich didn't get published properly in the Herald of course.
That's a good one for the Armed Citizen series in American Rifleman. Someone should write it up and send it in.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I'm not too savy on writing things up. I'm not even sure if this gentleman is still alive he was old then, this is right after I moved back from Hawaii, right back to my old stomping grounds the alpha-ghetto, back in 1993I think.

pontcanna

imported post

Who would rob a gunstore? Well, pretty much any Canadian criminals...Lever Arms in Vancouver, BC has been robbed several times, most recently only a week or two ago. One guy held the staff at gunpoint while the other(s) smashed the cases and made away with handguns. AND the Chief Firearms Officer for BC will not grant ATC's (Authorization to Carry) to gunshop employees for personal protection (even though they can do so according to law).

On the other side of the ledger, a jewellery store owner in Port Alberni BC was held up at gunpoint and managed to plug the bad guy, who is still in hospital. Normally up here that occasions charges against the good guy (guilty until proven innocent) but it's been very quiet on that score. The only reason he might be OK in the eyes of the Mounties is that his handgun was stored in the vault of the store (OK'd by the CFO because it was more secure than it would be at his home) and for that reason was accessible during the robbery. It's been pretty much hushed up here, but a few of us might send the story to American Rifleman (once we're sure there won't be legal action against the store owner).

By the way, I enjoy the OC website and the stories from WA are particularly interesting.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Right on pontcanna its good to hear from someone from Canada that shares some similar views. I listen to cfox a lot and hear how antigun canadians are, but i see and hear about the rising violence in surrey and wonder if canadians could lawfully use these guns if that might hinder some of these criminals. I miss the days before 9/11 when it was so easy for me to go to canada...Earls beer and food (and hot waitresses)...and i have some buds up there. Hey, I seen Les Stroud packing a Rifle on T.V. , good canadian fellow right there.

pontcanna

imported post

Lots of people up here used to get the Utah CCW licence (allowing carry in WA amongst other places) until Utah specified US residency. There's quite a contingent of sport shooters who head across to Custer for competitions (armed with various federal forms but no Norincos!) and enjoy hi-cap magazines while there. But I'm on Vancouver Island and I doubt I'll be packing across to Port Angeles anytime soon :)

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I purchased my LWRC M6A2 at Survival Solutions awhile back. The owner was very nice. Someone wanted to look at my rifle to possibly buy :cuss:(these are very hard to find locally), and he told the guy no way as I had already left Seattle and was on the road. He didn't know me from Adam, so it was a refreshing experience. Try doing that with a product that you want at a local B&M (brick and mortar) store, and the employees could care less.

It is a small store, but he had a selection of handguns and rifles in stock, including accessories.

One woman who came in to get a .357 revolver for her ex-border patrol husband ended up walking out with a Judge from Taurus :lol:. She wasn't 100% sure that he would like it, but the owner said no problem. "Tell him he can bring it back if he doesn't want it."!!

The fact that he proactively supports open carry by handing out pamphlets is also great!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Maybe our Canadian brothers can start rallying for gun rights too...both our countries were founded by and live by the gun . Yea survival solutions is great they even told one guy while I was there he can rent a stg and go to plantation to test it out see if he liked it...I think he was a freind of the owner ...but they are great ..they told me the same thing about my glock if I didnt like it bring it back trade it in for something else. I was tempted to get the ghilly suit there ..for playing airsoft with the kids...lol.

heresolong

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
The fact that he proactively supports open carry by handing out pamphlets is also great!
Does he need more copies of the pamphlet? I had originally supplied him and he was very excited about them, but haven't been back in a while. I would have thought that he would have run out by now unless someone else is resupplying him.

heresolong

imported post

Maybe our Canadian brothers can start rallying for gun rights too...both our countries were founded by and live by the gun .
Actually you should read "The Samurai, the Mounty, and the Cowboy". An excellent book about the historical causes behind our attitudes towards guns. Canada was pacified by the RCMP prior to settlement being allowed. There was never the open settlement allowed in the United States. That is, in the author's opinion, the reason behind the difference in attitudes towards guns, much more self reliant in the United States, and much more government centered in Canada.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Well I was more referring to the fact that Canada was allowed to rule itself because of United States Revolution, the brits didn't want to go thru that again. Being said I love Canadian people they are great, it's their government and many aspects of ours of late that bother me. But I will look for that book, I love info like that.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Well I was more referring to the fact that Canada was allowed to rule itself because of United States Revolution, the brits didn't want to go thru that again.
Not so; the colonies were confederated into the Dominion of Canada by Queen Victoria in the 1860's and was only granted full independence from the British Parliament by Queen Elizabeth II in 1982. Today the Monarchy of Canada recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as their Monarch.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
Well I was more referring to the fact that Canada was allowed to rule itself because of United States Revolution, the brits didn't want to go thru that again.
Not so; the colonies were confederated into the Dominion of Canada by Queen Victoria in the 1860's and was only granted full independence from the British Parliament by Queen Elizabeth II in 1982. Today the Monarchy of Canada recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as their Monarch.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Canadian-History-2762/canadian-independence.htm

You are very mistaken if you think our Revolution and the war of 1812 with Britain had nothing to do with it. So I stand by my earlier comment. Oh and by the way where does Queen Elizabeth live? She is the queen of what empire? Did you know you can appeal to the queen if you feel you have been unjustly treated in Canada? She has jurisdiction over Canada. Google Mark Steyn what he had to go thru in canada and who he is appealing to. Canada is still held to the magna carta wich is a british version of our bill of rights, predating ours by many yrs.