• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun store in Bellingham

American Rattlesnake

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Canadian-History-2762/canadian-independence.htm

You are very mistaken if you think our Revolution and the war of 1812 with Britain had nothing to do with it.
Careful now, I never said that our War of Independence "had nothing to do with it.":) I disputed your claim that Canada was granted independence because of the War of Independence. It may well have been a factor, but the Dominion of Canada was not created until nearly 100 years following the War and Canada was not fully independent until ~ 200 years later, though for all practical purposes they exercised their autonomy as early as 1931. These time frames don't imply causation to me.

Oh and by the way where does Queen Elizabeth live? She is the queen of what empire? Did you know you can appeal to the queen if you feel you have been unjustly treated in Canada? She has jurisdiction over Canada
Which is why I mentioned that Queen Elizabeth II is recognized as the Monarch of Canada.

For clarification, in case it is needed, I am not interested in browbeating anyone. I enjoy historical discussions, but I'm willing to let well enough alone if need be. :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

me too.....I'm not tryting to brow beat anyone either....I also did research.....and technically Canada isn't technicallyfully independant....they are for all intesive purposes allowed to rule themselves. And I hope you not taking offense at my discussion of this like you I enjoy the historical discussion.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

I hope you not taking offense at my discussion of this like you I enjoy the historical discussion.
None taken at all. I simply wanted to ensure that noone got the wrong idea. :cool:

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it." ~Santayana

pontcanna

imported post

me too.....I'm not tryting to brow beat anyone either....I also did research.....and technically Canada isn't technicallyfully independant....they are for all intesive purposes allowed to rule themselves. And I hope you not taking offense at my discussion of this like you I enjoy the historical discussion.
Sorry to be a pedant grammar Nazi, but this is one that gets under my skin. It's
"intents and purposes".