• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your spouse and packing?

lifer89

imported post

We both carry! The wife is very happy to have her permit and really does like carrying. She has come along way in a very short time.....the man walking into our house one day had a lot to do with it though. He was a very lucky man, cause at the time she did not own or even want a gun. Any guesses on what we did later that day? Yep, gun shoping and got her permit.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

Fish wrote:
She is scared to death of this guy. He put a knife to her neck and raped her and did some other @#$% like that when they were dating. She was too stupid to know it wasn't right. You know, like when wives take the abuse and never do anything about it. I am sure there is a name for it.
I married a woman who was raped by her ex-husband, she had issues and still does she is on Husband #4 now.

If you are thinking about marring your G/F make sure she gets some counseling first. I am not judging but if I could help someone, I willshare my experience to help someone out.

khicks

imported post

Hello from your neighbor to the north (Michigan). i have been married for 32 years, of that my wife has been anti gun for 31 1/2, the last 6 months she has beento 2 ladys night at the local range, has applied for her carry permit, and has been looking for her carry gun.

to some of you, just getting your wife or g/f willing to be around guns let a lone shot one is a long shot. be patient, be under standing that there is some fear there. ihave found the best way to get things to change is to introduce your wife or g/f to other ladys that shoot and carry, thenlet things take there course. your wife or g/f just may come around to your thinking

Laarye

imported post

rattman wrote:
My wife wants to get hers and wants to get the charter arms .38 in purple
I've been talking it over with my mom about carrying, and she is worried she might not qualify for the permit(long story I'm not going into). It was this gun that I think she has settled on, and she says she is going to have me carry it, and if need be she can draw it from my hip. After handling it though, I'm thinking about getting myself one on top of her, and I don't care about the purple, it's a nice easy gun.

sjacksonooo9

imported post

My wife feels the same. She doesn't question me but wishes that I stop carrying. But I still do carry.

steve jackson

rattman

imported post

Update we went to bass pro shop in portage had a very nice talk with Chris and my wife has settled on a taurus millennium in 9mm the kit comes with the gun 2 mags holster cleaning brush and a case for less then $500 I couldn’t talk her into the S&W 500!

tcmech

imported post

My wife carries a taurus PT709, she won't open carry it but will carry concealed.

khicks

imported post

my wife has yet to pick out her carry gun at this time. i am just happy that she has her permit to carry and will try to get her to open carry as well

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ImChad wrote:
Do most of you have a spouse that packs as well? My wife has been... tollerant of my desire to protect our family but doesn't like the idea of carrying herself. I don't push her at all but I'm curious how your spouse came to the decision to pack. I'd prefer her being armed in the neighborhood she works in but she's content with mace. How about you guys and gals? How long did it take for your spouse to come around?
To the OP.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/45141.html

Underdog

My wife carrys

No problem here getting my wife to carry.

Not that she was against it at all; however I reminded her that most of the time she is the first and last line of defense protecting our children.

Her percentage of carry is near 100%.

aikidoka

My fiance wants her carry license so no problems for me, though she isnt comfy with OC for herself and worries about me doing it. I've had a few women before kind of freak when they found out I carried or I had several firearms in my apt. Glad I found my fiance :)

TyGuy

No problem here getting my wife to carry.

Not that she was against it at all; however I reminded her that most of the time she is the first and last line of defense protecting our children.

Her percentage of carry is near 100%.

I should try that. At first my wife didn't love the idea of me carrying, but now she doesn't mind. She even talks to others about the need for self defense.

SlackwareRobert

Don't you just love a good women. Concealed was never a problem for me. Having my better half know me so well OC'ing was a real fight, she knows I wont give a sh*t what someone says, and knows that at any given time that I will not bend over for authority. That was the big argument for me. Convincing her that I will not get in a shoot out with the cops at the drop of a hat. But slowly I am winning her over, still have a few incidents that had her warning me, but then one BG helped my side a lot since concealed is what didn't deter.
You just have to let time be the judge. Get her a retention holster for OC'ing, and let her practice drawing, wear around the house, getting mail, etc. Small steps at a time. The humor on her face when I get a "Are you a cop?" is priceless for me.
It is the convoluted laws that at quick glance say you can't do that, that takes the most time to show it doesn't really say that at all. You are fighting years of misconception and assumptions. But as the light bulb goes off, you move her further to the goal of cc is for special occasions only. Of course having a beltway full of wannabe dictators sure does help.