• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama commercial?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ain't political promises fun to listen to?

Lies. All lies. He supports NOTHING having to do with guns, and has proven so by his record.

dyver1

imported post

Mr. Obama is always VERY careful in his wording about gun rights.

He says that he supports the right to have a shotgun or rifle to hunt or defend yourself, but he NEVER says a word about supporting handgun rights. I beleive he will move quickly to make sure we all have to turn our handguns in or at a minimum will not be able to buy anymore in the future.

Just my opinion.

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

Orygunner

imported post

I was SO diappointed that guns never came up during any of the Presidential Debates. Obama isn't going to allow himself to be cornered by any serious gun issue questions before the election. Those that do manage to get through he can easily slip & slide around the answer with his typical BS "I support the 2nd Amendment! Tradition of gun ownership! I'm not going to take guns away! blah blah blah!"

I don't think Obama will try to actually take anyone's guns they already own. What my biggest concerns are is that he'll be appointing judges that may take a liberal view of the Second Amendment. Little things may get passed through Congress and cross his desk for signing into law, such as magazine capacity limits, bans or limits on sales of assault weapons or handguns. Any National Concealed Carry reciprocity has no chance of passing with him as President, and he'll also be able to empower the BATFE to push his anti-gun agenda as well.

...Orygunner...

nova

imported post

It confused me, because there's some lifetime NRA member (if that's true his membership should be revoked...NRA supports McCain not Obama) starts talking about the economy and not gun rights.

What the hell makes Obama think I should listen to an "NRA" member talk about the economy? Why isn't he talking about how great Obama is on gun rights?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
OK PISSING ME OFF NOW!!! Webb has a commercial out on the radio of him being an NRA member and supporting obama:what:
Sorry you're just learning this, but Webb is the worst kind of Democrat -- he spoke a good game during political season, and then IMMEDIATELY after his election, made a statement (I'll try to find the exact quote) that his party knew he isn't a maverick and they can count on him.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

nova wrote:
It confused me, because there's some lifetime NRA member (if that's true his membership should be revoked...NRA supports McCain not Obama) starts talking about the economy and not gun rights.

What the hell makes Obama think I should listen to an "NRA" member talk about the economy? Why isn't he talking about how great Obama is on gun rights?
All it takes to be a life member of the NRA is a$1000. Obama made $150 MILLION just last month. He could put up thousands of supporters saying they were life members of the NRA. I t means absolutely NOTHING.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
They need to yank the farmer and Webb's memberships I think:celebrate
Despite my heartburn with the NRA, at least they showed some class in not doing so. Particularly after he boo-hooed that they didn't endorse him over Allen, despite the fact that the most moronic among us could read the published criteria and see who would get the endorsement. One of those "the rules don't favor me so let's ignore them" types.