• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio and Michigan FIRST

taxwhat

imported post

I think this would be a good thing to promote. Post it and see how many are interested. I might be able to make it, depending on the day.

Here it goes !

Hi Would there be interest in coffee hour and Q and A with pro gun lawyer past city 15 years [job outsourced to save money] . Now running for county prosecutor may also Bring out info on one of Michigan arrested members > This may be 1st joint meet with Ohio and Michigan .If there is interest I will find Coffee shop Or restaurant in Historic Monroe Michigan . Tentative date Sunday Nov 2nd .ANY ideas or thoughts ?

Ohio Patriot

imported post

November 2? Not much notice there.

For someone to drive a long distance, it has to be worth it. What would be gained by an Ohioan driving to Michigan to listen to someone who's an expert on Michigan firearm laws? Ohio laws are governed by the ORC.

I'm not saying this guy doesn't know his stuff - I'm sure he does. I just don't understand the relevance for us Ohioans.

Furthermore, most of us on this board are pretty up-to-date on firearm laws as they pertain to OC and CC.

taxwhat

imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
November 2? Not much notice there.

For someone to drive a long distance, it has to be worth it. What would be gained by an Ohioan driving to Michigan to listen to someone who's an expert on Michigan firearm laws? Ohio laws are governed by the ORC.

I'm not saying this guy doesn't know his stuff - I'm sure he does. I just don't understand the relevance for us Ohioans.

Furthermore, most of us on this board are pretty up-to-date on firearm laws as they pertain to OC and CC.
I-75 ,us 23and every other north south road or path ,Ohio Highway Patrol /Michigan State Police .Many pass Everyday not problem , But what ifOhioans.
is in Michigan or Michigan IN Ohio ?? Same Cause two states , unity in numbers ! Fishing . Four wheeling ,Hiking and hunting ! Plus to my knowledge never been done .THEY pick us of one at a time whynot have friends in more than one state ?Why not SHARE info ??? And ifOhioans.
would like I will get Ohio Lawyer too !

Ohio Patriot

imported post

I don't mean to sound rude or bigoted, taxwhat, but your grammar skills leave something to be desired. At the very least you should perform a grammar, spelling, and punctuation check in MS Word before you post...

taxwhat

imported post

Update ! Sgt Thomas Deasy invited to speak Michigan State Police {has not confirmed maybe someone he will pick ,will update ].Nov 02 2008 Monroe city Michigan coffee shop great food has OK ed use !Will post address, name and menu . Plus Monroe city still has no open carry on books ! Has stage and sound system we may use and if weather permits outside on Monroe st cafe siting 3 blocks from city and county police . Nice new county park two blocks open gazebo with historic county court house in background city and county jail ! Any one want Michigan DNR officer for Q and A ??

taxwhat

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
I think this would be a good thing to promote. Post it and see how many are interested. I might be able to make it, depending on the day.

Here it goes !

Hi Would there be interest in coffee hour and Q and A with pro gun lawyer past city 15 years [job outsourced to save money] . Now running for county prosecutor may also Bring out info on one of Michigan arrested members > This may be 1st joint meet with Ohio and Michigan .If there is interest I will find Coffee shop Or restaurant in Historic Monroe Michigan . Tentative date Sunday Nov 2nd .ANY ideas
[/i]

Fri Oct 24th, 2008 12:20 pm

The Monroe café outing is gaining in attendees and speakers. Time is fast approaching and we need to know how many people are likely to attend. We will have the run of the café with a stage and a sound system for speakers and the public to ask questions or make comments.

Place: Café Classics Coffee House- 29 S. Monroe, corner of Front and Monroe, Monroe, MI Phone: 734-242-8286
Time: Shop opens at 10:00 AM Event starts at 1:00 PM,
Date: Sunday November 2nd, 2008
Format: Like a town hall meeting, open to questions and comments about firearm issues.

Speakers and attendees available for Q&A:

Former Monroe City Prosecutor, Candidate for County Prosecutor.
Michigan State Police legal liaison Sgt. Deasy or designee.

Possible attendees:

Assistant AG from Detroit Office.
Former and current Local Judges.

Invited to attend:

Monroe City Police Chief.
Media outlets.

There is the likelihood of door prizes and giveaways by local merchants.

Please post if you would like to attend. This is also an opportunity for nearby Ohio residents that travel to Michigan to get some info in regards to Michigan firearm laws. Update will follow as things come together.

spacer.gif

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Michigan/Ohio Q & A Meet: Monroe, November 2, 2008

The Monroe café outing is gaining in attendees and speakers. Time is fast approaching and we need to know how many people are likely to attend. We will have the run of the café with a stage and a sound system for speakers and the public to ask questions or make comments.

Place: Café Classics Coffee House- 29 S. Monroe, corner of Front and Monroe, Monroe, MI Phone: 734-242-8286
Format: Like a town hall meeting, open to questions and comments about firearm issues.

Event Host: Taxwhat (J. Jay)

Link:
MAP

Dougwg
Jared
Venator +1
Tech411 +1
Warlockmatized
Ramblinfeaver

Possible attendees:

JeffSayers
SpringerXDacp
Gosirr +1

Invited to attend:

Media outlets.

Media:

Detroit News
Fox 2weekend
Toledo's WTOL-TV-11

Please post if you would like to attend. This is also an opportunity for nearby Ohio residents that travel to Michigan to get some info in regards to Michigan firearm laws. Update will follow as things come together.

(Updates To Follow)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

After talking with taxwhat who is putting this event on, it appears this will be a big meeting. The café owner has received over 100 calls asking for more info on it. Sounds like we may get a lot of non-MOC members to attend, which is good as our goal is to spread the word on OC.

The area press has been contacted and a few local as well as a couple of Toledo papers stated they will post an announcement by mid-week. For those in Ohio that want to come, please be aware that you MUST have a concealed carry license to posses a handgun in Michigan. If you have a license you can CC or OC in Michigan.

The café has a food menu as well as coffee and other drinks. We encourage anyone that comes to the event to spend a little money to show our appreciation of their support of open carry.

This is still being pulled together and we hope to have a few more speakers locked in. Please let Springer know if you plan on attending.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Who: Michigan Open Carry (MOC)
What: A Q&A session on the legality of the open carry of a handgun in Michigan.
When: Sunday November 2[suP]nd[/suP], 1:00 PM
Where: Café Classics Coffee House- 29 S. Monroe, Monroe, MI.
Why: To educate the Public and Law Enforcement on the legality of Open carry in Michigan.

A Michigan Open Carry (MOC) event is being held Sunday November 2[suP]nd[/suP], at 1:00 PM at the Café Classics Coffee House- 29 S. Monroe, corner of Front and Monroe, Monroe, MI. This informal event will have legal experts and members of law enforcement available to speak and answer question on the legality of open carry of a handgun in Michigan. MOC’s main guest will be a former City of Monroe prosecutor. Scheduled to attend is a legal liaison from the Michigan State Police, an assistant Attorney General (Detroit Office), former and current local judges and a representative of the Monroe Police Department. This event is open to anyone that wants to learn more about the lawful open carry of a handgun in Michigan. There is the likelihood of door prizes and giveaways by local merchants.

taxwhat

imported post

Ohio news media has indicated interest please let me now if you see or read about . Thank You WORDS mean stuff ! KNOWLEDGE is POWER ! Please stop by or tell those that are interested !Pass the WORD .

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

Link:
MAP

Dougwg
Jared
Venator +1
Tech411 +1
Warlockmatized
Ramblinfeaver

Possible attendees:

JeffSayers
SpringerXDacp
Gosirr +1

Invited to attend:

Media outlets.

Media:

Detroit News
Fox 2weekend
Toledo's WTOL-TV-11

(Updates To Follow)
TTT

taxwhat

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Link:
MAP

Dougwg
Jared
Venator +1
Tech411 +1
Warlockmatized
Ramblinfeaver

Possible attendees:

JeffSayers
SpringerXDacp
Gosirr +1

Invited to attend:

Media outlets.

Media:

Detroit News
Fox 2weekend
Toledo's WTOL-TV-11

(Updates To Follow)
TTT
Open to All http://www.cafe-classics.com/