• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this a true bayonet?

Decoligny

imported post

A close look at the handle shows the back side of a release button. If it has a release button then it has a slot that affixes to the barrel mount. This is definately a bayonet of some sort. If it is advertised to be an AK-47 compatible bayonet, I would assume that it is.

Evil Ernie

imported post

I see what looks like mauser bayonets.

The top bayo is common AK bayo. This one happens to be Romainian. The bottom Bayo is Mauser. (these are mine btw)

bayos.jpg

Here is a web pic of an eastern bloc style AK bayo, which looks like nothing listed on your page.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/bayonet_ak47.jpg

zoom6zoom

imported post

I've never seen an AK bayonet that looks like the one you have given the item number for. Never one that long.
http://www.liangdianup.com/images/tools/knife/406023_200.jpg is the one you said.

Unless it's a very rare variant, it's also way overpriced, especially since they are claiming those are "wholesale" prices. I can get Romy bayo's four for $25.

Additionally, the scabbard in the photo looks like a cheap reproduction.

Legba

imported post

I have a modest bayonet collection (WWI mostly), and I am fairly confident that that is not a genuine communist-issue bayonet. That said, it may be a homebrew or modified to fit an AK, but it looks inauthentic otherwise. I wouldn't pay much for it, even if it does fit.

-ljp

nova

imported post

Communist China!!! as Lou Dobbs says.