• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Initiative

pullnshoot25

imported post

So at the Calguns.net Open Carry Lunch today, gir007 (calguns.net handle) discussed the idea of getting a film together about the Open Carry Movement and seeing if we (calguns.net members) were interested in such a thing. Talking further with gir007 by myself, we brainstormed a few ideas.

The main idea that gir007 and I threw around was the idea of getting MULTIPLE groups across California to get some poor college student needing a film project to film the (local) OC outings for members of the various gun forums and organizations (including but not limited to calguns.net, opencarry.org, californiaopencarry.org, etc etc etc) and then getting all the film together, compiling it into a decent movie and submitting it as a documentary to a small film festival.

I think with commentaries, outings and other such topics of interest being filmed and compiled it might actually work. To get it to work though we need cooperation from multiple "chapters" (if you will) and a supply of poor college students (no end in sight there :) )

Any ideas out there, fellow brethren in arms?

Also, check the blog to see about the calguns.net Open Carry Lunch!

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com

-N8

Showerbabies

imported post

Hey Pull, I just got back from Iraq so I'll be stuck around here for awhile. I don't have much to offer but my full-time support. Do not hesitate to reach me.

-Henry (Oakland)