• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any available right to know request letter I can use as a template?

david.ross

imported post

I'm going to submit my own RTKR letter to obtain the training memo sent out to all the PDs in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure how one is supposed to look. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

mjf

HyDef

imported post

This is the format I've used several times.

Dear XXXX,

Please consider this an official written request for information and documents from the XXXX. I am a resident and taxpayer of XXXX and I am respectfully requesting all documents in your possession relating to the following:

1. Copies of XXXX
2. Copies of all vouchers, invoices, receipts, or any bills XXXX
3. Copies of any and all XXXX policies governing XXXX

I believe the above requested information constitutes public records pursuant to Pennsylvania's Right to Know Law, 65 P.S. §§ 66.1 et seq. You may contact me at the address and telephone number above regarding arrangements for the disclosure of the information. I would like to know when these documents can be made ready for me to view them. I would also like to know the costs relating to obtaining copies of the information so that I may pay to have copies made of these documents as well.
If you decide to refuse this request, please provide me with a written statement of the reasons for denial. If your denial is based upon a statute, regulation or court decision, please cite that law or case, including the specific section or sections you rely upon, in your written response.
I look forward to the Office of the XXXX making this information available to me within (5) business days.

Sincerely,