Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Link to news story.

I wonder if this will start a trend?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The 'trend' has already started.

The SC branch was recently decertified and the national organization installed an office in the State, ostensibly over financial issues but two state insiders have suggested that 2A issues are at the core of the disagreement.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    The 'trend' has already started.

The SC branch was recently decertified and the national organization installed an office in the State, ostensibly over financial issues but two state insiders have suggested that 2A issues are at the core of the disagreement.
    I didn't know that, Doug. The article says that a spokeswoman for the national organization of the ACLU is unaware of any other affiliate that had taken a differing position on the Second Amendment.

(Edited for a typographical error.)

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

The Nevada chapter will probably be ostracised and cut off from funding. It's still nice to see.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Banned

Post imported post

The first G00gle hit on a naive search http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/02/us/02aclu.html

The A.C.L.U. has accused the affiliate of mismanagement and not spending enough money on efforts to defend civil liberties. But affiliate leaders contend their group is being punished for raising questions about the direction and leadership of the national organization.

Banned

Post imported post

I don't expect much to be forthcoming of their laundry in public or press.

The national ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court ruling and sees the Second Amendment as a collective right to own guns and not an individual one.

A national ACLU spokeswoman said affiliates are free to take positions that differ from those of the national office. The spokeswoman added she was unaware of any other affiliate that had taken a differing position on the Second Amendment.

Post imported post

What I want to know is, if the ACLU is ever going to mean what it says. American Civil Liberties Union, MEANING All civil liberties!!! Bless the Nevada group !!!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson