Thread: CCW at work

Post imported post

I work in a large warehouse and small office in town, on premises owned by my boss, who sits ten feet away from me and is a CCW permit holder. With his permission, on his premises, can I carry concealed? Or open for that matter?
    I can't find anything in N.C. law addressing this really.
    I'm ASSuming that it's no different than being at a friends house and having his permission to do so.

I don't like him being the only one here armed, and it isn't that I don't trust him, and it's also good practice and time to get used to it for me, I'll have my CCW in the next few months hopefully.

Thanks..

Post imported post

You can certainly open carry with his permission (not that you REALLY need express permission, since he would notice open carry)

I too, THINK, you can carry concealed with his EXPRESS permission (I would get it in writing, in case the issue arises and he is not there), since he is the owner (or lessee) of the property.

Having said this, I would certainly not suggest you do so on my say-so...

Post imported post

To put a different spin on this. I don't think you need his permission, but what you do need to know is does the company have a policy prohibiting firearms at the workplace. It is legal to carry on the premises of a business not prohibited in the statute unless the owner has posted a "No Firearms" sign. As an employee there may be workplace policies related to carrying a firearm, you need to find this out.

I would simply enter into a conversation with him stating that you know he carries and are there any company policies that prohibit employees from CCW or Open Carry.

Post imported post

Oh he knows, I basicaly got him back into guns over the last few months. No worries there. He's the sole owner of the business and property, it's informal enough that there aren't any rules or regulations like that.

Post imported post

i carry ccw at work company policy no guns at work i still do it is not iligal to do so is just that if they see it you get fired thats all