• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas TV Anchorwoman Attacked / No Defense

protector84

imported post

I believe I know why so many subjects (I mean "citizens") don't have a good concept on self-defense or the need for it and this is in addition to the political brainwashing. The simple reason is the balance of freedom and responsibility. Freedom implies a choice and generally when given a choice, each option chosen carries a set of benefits or consequences. This is where the responsibility part comes in. If you are not able to make a choice, you cannot be held accountable for your mistakes because they weren't really yours to begin with. In addition to pure laziness, the public has been trained to make pre-programmed decisions without thinking and they are given the illusion of choice but in reality they are justfollowing what the TV tells them and following what feels "comfortable." The concept of defending one's home, one's person, one's family, and one's community is a choice that one has to make or not make. Accepting the responsibility can bring great benefits (i.e. you save a life)but also great risks (i.e. the legal system). I believe that this whole issue of defense is really the cornerstone of freedom because if you are not brave and willing enough to fully take care of yourself and perhaps your family, you are not a free man or woman but just a slave. No matter how much such a person flies the flag on July 4th, pays their taxes, or votes in the elections, they are just a slave. People want freedom without responsibility which doesn't work although they buy the illusion. In otherwords, freedom to them is the choice of which TV set, designer outfit, or new car to buy. Pretty sad.

This reminds me of a recent conversation with someone at work. We were talking about the economy going down the tubes and the possibility of brief chaos (riots, looting, rampant crime, etc.) which may never happen but is always a possibility. She said she is considering getting a "big dog" for her home. My recommendation was instead to buy an AK-47 rifle because it is cheaper, easier to maintain, and more reliable. She didn't really respond to that and several co-workers turned their head as if disturbed by the comment. The reason is obvious: her solution is a passive response to areal-life issuewhereas my solution is an active response that requires critical thinking. People don't want to think, they just want to do what they are told. That is the problem here. Sad to say in many ways this nation is actually the "home of the scared."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It is a sad day and her family and friends suffer still.
My deepest, sincerest condolences to each of them.

Make sure that all of your love ones understand this tragedy; that is is better to be prepared and not need it, than to be unprepared.

He who attempts to take your life, must pay a price - must be stopped. You have an obligation to God to defend what He has given you and no man has the right to take it. Your family, friends and neighbors have the right to expect this of you. Do what is right. Refuse to be a victim in your own bed or anywhere else.

Yata hey

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
They still 'don't get it' tho...  and they die.

Oh, yes they do.

"They" being the gun-controllers.  It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to grasp it.

You can't be connected to the subject for any length of time without understanding.

Its willful, knowing, and deliberate.

Brady, politicians, et al have blood on their hands and blackness in their hearts.
+1 I couldn't agree more.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

a lot of times these kind of things a gun would not have helped, as the perp is someone they know and may have trusted who took advantage.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ilbob wrote:
a lot of times these kind of things a gun would not have helped, as the perp is someone they know and may have trusted who took advantage.
+1 - At this time we know little to nothing about the people involved, their relationship or circumstances. We should not rush to judgement. All we can do is wait for further details to be released.

Of one thing I am sure though, gun free zones do NOT work. They never have and they never will.

Yata hey

JBURGII

imported post

Just caugh the news this morning. Very sad. I too had hoped for her recovery.

Now lets see what plays out on the investigation...