• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another silly Clerk's Office requirement

TexasNative

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Maybe she meant that by the applicant addressing the envelope, the clerk is assured that the clerks office doesn't mess up the address and the CHP to the wrong place.
I hadn't considered that possibility. In fact, the Clerk in my county had to send my card to me twice because of an incorrect address on the envelope. Believe it or not, they got the address wrong both times, but the second time, the mailman figured it out and delivered it to me instead of the written address.

And with all that, the address on the permit itself was correct.