• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

apparently we are all nutcases

EFB16ACRX

imported post

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=328449

class="forumText"I was surfing some posts here and saw a reference or two to the Virginia Civil Defense League. Anyone here familiar with them or what they do (website was a little vague). I do not know much about them and was wondering if they were on the up-and-up if they were just another group of crazies (as opposed to use 'normal' people here
smiley_smartass.gif
). I am skeptical of them due to seeing that nut Danladi Moore on one of their TV news interviews. I have read a LEO-inteligence bullitten or two on him and he is just a trouble maker looking for a fight. He's all about attention, not gun rights, and he purposefully puts himself into the situations that he claims to loathe so much.

TexasNative

imported post

EFB16ACRX, you seem to be attached to some universe that's divorced from the reality that I know.

I suppose there may be some folks here that don't think much of Danbus or VCDL, but they're definitely in the minority. Coming in here bad-mouthing either of them isn't going to win you many friends.

TFred

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
EFB16ACRX, you seem to be attached to some universe that's divorced from the reality that I know.

I suppose there may be some folks here that don't think much of Danbus or VCDL, but they're definitely in the minority. Coming in here bad-mouthing either of them isn't going to win you many friends.
Late night post? :)

He's just reporting what some other uninformed member of the AR15 forum had posted... If you follow that link, you will see that for the most part, the VCDL was very soundly defended.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

He's just reporting what some other uninformed member of the AR15 forum had posted... If you follow that link, you will see that for the most part, the VCDL was very soundly defended.

TFred

He is talking about AR15.....and we were called crazies:banghead:
That's like being called ugly.....by Janet Reno!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

TexasNative wrote:

The OP clumsily quoted 'NarcCop-VA' a proud ARF ARF 'member' (like a NRA 'member'?) since August 2008. This ARF ARF shows the hazard of a forum trying to be all things to all people including maximizing profit.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
TFred wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

TFred

VCDL is very highly regarded in ar15.com's Virginia Hometown Forum.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

DrMark wrote:
peter nap wrote:
TFred wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

TFred

VCDL is very highly regarded in ar15.com's Virginia Hometown Forum.
Hometown AR15 is so far divorced from the rest of the board, it might as well be on it's own...and yes your right DM.

It's ironic, I never spent much time on Hometown because it wasn't very active (It's been years since I was there) I was on General most of the time, however, I've never been on General or any other part here)

The problem with AR15 (The new AR15, I loved the old one) is that they have 12 year olds practicing ways to get their butts kicked, people who live in places where they can't even own AR's, people who constantly find new things to blow up, I think they even had a damn tax lawyer as a moderator there.

They had Kurt's Kustoms who after 8 years is still working on one of my shotguns and if he ever comes to Virginia, is going home damaged, lots of Cops and wannabees, way too many people that prayed toi the Poor Mans James Bond, every morning.

The serious Ar people there are good people.....but they get lost in the gooey mess.

TexasNative

imported post

It took a while, but now I understand.

My apologies for not understanding your post was a quote, EFB16ACRX.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

AbNo wrote:
peter nap wrote:

I kid! I kid! :lol:

That's funny!
Notice that this ARFcommer has an AK:shock:

doug23838

imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=328449

class="forumText"I was surfing some posts here and saw a reference or two to the Virginia Civil Defense League. Anyone here familiar with them or what they do (website was a little vague). I do not know much about them and was wondering if they were on the up-and-up if they were just another group of crazies (as opposed to use 'normal' people here
smiley_smartass.gif
). I am skeptical of them due to seeing that nut Danladi Moore on one of their TV news interviews. I have read a LEO-inteligence bullitten or two on him and he is just a trouble maker looking for a fight. He's all about attention, not gun rights, and he purposefully puts himself into the situations that he claims to loathe so much.

LEO-intelligence bulletin ?

Sounds like a FOIA request to me.

Glock27Bill

imported post

TFred wrote:
TexasNative wrote:

TFred

Yeh, I'm embarrassed to admit that I was in on that one.

There werea few bashers there, but mostly VCDL supporters.

And Dan's name was drug through the mud by people who were not at the scene deciding that Dan had mouthed off to the coprs and the white guy didn't.

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

ETA: I forgot to mention, opencarry folks are 'radical.' :)

(I don't think the poster meant 'radical, dude')

Sheriff

imported post

A "law enforcementintelligence bulletin" is often classified as a document in an ongoing investigation. So it's probably not accessible by FOIA.

IMHO..... I suspect what NarcCop has seen is a memo telling officers to watch Dan very closely and snatch him up for the first legal arrest they can make on him. Probably went out via e-mail. In that case you will never see the document either most likely. But, on the other hand, I was stunned and amazed to see some of the e-mails and documents my attorney was able to retrieve for me a while back. The officers talking back and forth in e-mail felt their communications were private and would never be seen by me, or anybody else for that matter.