• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fingerprints required for CHP in Arlington County

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

razor_baghdad wrote:
marshaul wrote:
If guns are banned, I'd rather not have my prints on file.

You know, every single innocent person who's been falsely imprisoned didn't wake up that morning planning to commit a crime. In fact, they never committed the crime at all. I guess those intentions are awfully reassuring once that cell door closes, though. :quirky

When you treat people as criminals with no suspicion of a crime, you've taken the first step towards imprisoning the innocent en masse.

K.....I'll go back to this....
proshooter wrote: Wow, that's a pretty paranoid point of view you have there....
and my +1....still stands.....with no real answer yet.....

Guns banned?? You don't find that statement a bit extreme?? En masse? Care to clariy?
You've convinced yourself that the state will never redefine the category of "criminal" to include your person. I don't share this naïve view. It's not paranoid when noncriminal forms of behavior are routinely outlawed.

Edit: en masse means "in mass" or "all at once" or even "in great quantities".

Darylvb

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
I think fingerprints are required in most VA counties. I know Prince William and Fauquier counties require them for a permit. However, for renewals, I believe that fingerprints are not required. Just FYI...
No, Prince William does not require fingerprints. I got my permit in March 2007 - no fingerprints.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
I think fingerprints are required in most VA counties. I know Prince William and Fauquier counties require them for a permit. However, for renewals, I believe that fingerprints are not required. Just FYI...

No - I thought everybody knew this - only about 27% of counties and cities fingerprint - neither Fairfax County nor PW County nor the City of Richmond fingerprint.

If you localitiy prinbts, you need to take action and explain that the locality is losing money out the window to the FBI - like about $35 of the $ 50 collected for NO REASON.

vrwmiller

imported post

I stand corrected in that PW does not require them. When I got my permit in PW County (2001, I think), they were required.

I know that Fauqier requires them, as I found the ordinance while I was browsing their code the other day. Was browsing their code because a new neighbor next to the property I hunt has started giving us grief about one of our stands out there. :banghead:

RoisinDubh

imported post

Scott wrote:
Chesterfield County requires fingerprints as well. You are not alone.
yep. luckily, being a va tech student, i'm a resident of both chesterfield county and montgomery county. montgomery county does not require fingerprints and they only charge the minimum $15 instead of the max $50 that chesterfield county charges. can you guess which county i applied in? :lol:

Paragon

imported post

Spotsy took my prints too, and I seem to recall being asked about tattoos as well (to which I replied "none visible" and left it at that).

TFred

imported post

I didn't do a search, but I'm pretty sure the section of code for CHPs says nothing about tattoos...

If this starts to become a trend, someone may need to make an issue out of it.

Probably just a matter of education, since it is probably SOP for folks taking prints of accused persons to inquire about tattoos as other identifying marks. But for CHPs, this is clearly not the case, and should be made known.

TFred