• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is my chl good in pa?

lorikmorris

imported post

what do I have to do to legally carry in pa? I have my chl in texas does it transfer?

AFCop

imported post

Back in 2006 that must of been the law that pigheaded cop in West Whiteland was talking about when he took my handgun, my TX CHL, told me I was under arrest for Unlicensed carry of a concealed firearm, handcuffed and put me in the back of the Police car for 35 minutes. Oh, yeah and threatening to take me to ChesCo Prison for the night.

Back to the thread....PA is good, you dont need a license to open carry (except in Phila- But who wants to go there anyway!!) Alot of places Off Limits in TX are good in PA ( A Bar as long as it openly carried, etc). I am from PA and take my handgun with me EVERYTIME I go, I love it there!!

Bryan

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

AFCop wrote:
Back in 2006 that must of been the law that pigheaded cop in West Whiteland was talking about when he took my handgun, my TX CHL, told me I was under arrest for Unlicensed carry of a concealed firearm, handcuffed and put me in the back of the Police car for 35 minutes. Oh, yeah and threatening to take me to ChesCo Prison for the night.

Back to the thread....PA is good, you dont need a license to open carry (except in Phila- But who wants to go there anyway!!) Alot of places Off Limits in TX are good in PA ( A Bar as long as it openly carried, etc). I am from PA and take my handgun with me EVERYTIME I go, I love it there!!

Bryan

You're confusing Pennsylvania and Virginia with regard to the requirement to OC in bars & restaurants. PA has no restrictions on carrying in bars and restaurants. A licensed individual may carry anywhere in PA except schools, court facilities, and places where prohibited by federal law.

Also, PA and TX have had reciprocity since February 28, 2005.

AFCop

imported post

Thanks for the correction.

I know they have, I researched prior to going up to Pa. The LEO didn't know that, and he didn't want to hear me say it either.