• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger & Open Carry

kenny

imported post

I see that the original topic has been locked and in my opinion was so off topic anyway. Through a friend a long time Kroger employee I have the answer to the issue of carrying open or concealed.

The regional office in Roanoke, VA states Kroger "abides by the state law in Virginia" according to Linda Powers.

So we still have a lot of work to do to educate the general public. So may I suggest that we all work together to educate everyone as to the laws concerning the carrying of firearms. These is not a we versus them as some poster's make it out to be. An informed citizen is a better citizen.

edit for additional information:

Being a city resident I have established a few connections over year. So I have asked some informal question regarding the incident as peter nap mentioned in his response.

Since I was not there and my information does not come the horse's mouth, I can safely say this. There are three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

Perhaps the OP did not want to pursue the issue. I know that I have learn in life to pick and choose the battles I fight. If I were to pick fight, the last place I would want to revel my hand would be on the Internet. So to the OP if you want to pursue this I would and you can contact me for some names and numbers.

Personally I still think the entire story was not told.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kenny wrote:
I see that the original topic has been locked and in my opinion was so off topic anyway. Through a friend a long time Kroger employee I have the answer to the issue of carrying open or concealed.

The regional office in Roanoke, VA states Kroger "abides by the state law in Virginia" according to Linda Powers.

So we still have a lot of work to do to educate the general public. So may I suggest that we all work together to educate everyone as to the laws concerning the carrying of firearms. These is not a we versus them as some poster's make it out to be. An informed citizen is a better citizen.
Thanks Kenny, that's good information.
The them Vs Us is difficult sometimes. There is a limited TvsU problem but since NOT all of us are aligned with the forces of light...and NOT all of them are aligned with the forces of evil....it gets confusing.:lol:

If you get the chance, it may be beneficial to everyone if you had your friend find out from Ms. Powers...how a person ejected for being legally armed, should address the issue with Corporate.

Thanks again!

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

The official policy for Kroger in Georgia is the same, additionally they are financial sponsors of Georgia Carry.Org. The only problems anyone should have is managers not following corporate policy. (and of course, they shouldn't have that.)

vtme_grad98

imported post

kenny wrote:

While I'm not a fan of business that exclude law-abiding gun owners, I would like to point out that they are abiding by state law in Virginia. Virginia allows business to prohibit firearms on their premises.

Technically speaking , "abides by state law" does not mean "will not prohibit armed customers". It just means "we won't set any illegal policies".

TexasNative

imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
kenny wrote:

While I'm not a fan of business that exclude law-abiding gun owners, I would like to point out that they are abiding by state law in Virginia. Virginia allows business to prohibit firearms on their premises.

Technically speaking , "abides by state law" does not mean "will not prohibit armed customers". It just means "we won't set any illegal policies".
While they could mean it the way you state it, that's not how it's intended by other businesses that say the same thing. In those cases, the phrase means, "if it's legal for you to carry how you're carrying, then you meet our policy."