• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need to raise $850 by Saturday, 25 OCT to Keep I-35 Bill Board up in Texas!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

While our taxi cab advertizing effort in Austin is fully funded for the near future, and enough money is set aside to pay for the Houston billboard as soon as it is erected, we have an urgent need to raise $1,275 by Saturday, 25 OCT to Keep I-35 Bill Board up and running.

Please donate now via http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html.

On time donations of $10 or more upgrades your OCDO member status to "Activist Member," and a one time donation of $100 or more changes your stauts to "Founders Club Member."

In order to sign a contract renewal for 4 more weeks (which will take us thru December 20th), we need to have the money in our accounts - we'd hate to see the headline "Gun rights group sued in Teaxs for breach of contract," would we? No.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm in for $100. OP744476DL09233OE

Thanks for the heads up. BTW I was in San Antonio last month, and the sign looks GOOD!

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I contributed this past Saturday -- happy to help a good cause.

Seem unbelieveable that Texans, with that well-known fiercely independent and self-reliant bent, cannot legally open carry.

Best of luck to our Texas bretheren! ...and sisteren (?) too!

VigilanceOfFreedom

imported post

Donated a bit... it's not much, but I'll contribute more once I get a better job. If we all donate just a few dollars we can keep this billboard up! If we win Texas, the open carry movement will have a springboard to launch off of. Please help everyone!

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Just did $100.00

Confirmation number: 23248752Y8065870X

For the rest of you... PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!

Yes, you can take that in the manner it was intended!

If you won't Defend your rights, DON'T complain when you LOSE them.--- from a copy righted flyer JPFO!2005

JoeSparky

edit: spelling

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Just did $100.00

Confirmation number: 23248752Y8065870X

For the rest of you... PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!

Yes, you can take that in the manner it was intended!

If you won't Defend your rights, DON'T complain when you LOSE them.--- from a copy righted flyer JPFO!2005

JoeSparky

edit: spelling
Thanks - John just called me from Charlotte Airport in NC - we now just need $850 to renew the I-35 billboard so clck here to give ASAP: http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So Mike, this isn't looking so good. What's the story? Were we able to raise the funds to keep the sign up or not?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

cccook wrote:
So Mike, this isn't looking so good. What's the story? Were we able to raise the funds to keep the sign up or not?
John will update the Lorimeter tonight or tomorrow I think and we will hopefully see significant progress. I think John sent out a mass mailer last night and contributions should be rolling in tonioght and tomorrow as some people don't do email on weekends.

Loris is expected to get the Houston billboard up any day now and that effort ios funded already for over 2 months, so it's just a matter of raising $1,500 per month to keep the I-35 bill board up thru at least JAN when the TX Legislature comes to town in Austin.

again - everybody on this board should consider contributing even if you do not live in Texas - contribute today at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK - the update is that we did raise enough to sign another contract :)

John will be updating the Lori meter soon, but we will need to raise more for the next month - we are counting on everyone's continued support!