With the privilege of carrying a concealed firearm in Virginia come certain responsibilities, especially when interacting with police officers.
WHAT TO DO IF STOPPED BY A POLICE OFFICER
Carry your concealed weapon permit on your person at all times when you are carrying a concealed handgun. You must also carry, and produce upon demand by a law enforcement officer, a photo ID issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia or by the United States Department of Defense or the United States State Department (passport).
- Immediately advise the officer that you have a concealed firearm. (Are they suggesting this or mandating it?)
- Never touch or move towards the gun.
- Keep your hands in plain view and make no sudden moves.
- Obey all commands given by the officer.
- Make no attempt to produce identification until told to do so.
- Ask the officer to repeat any directions or questions that are unclear.
(Somebody should also inform them its not a concealed weapons permit Its a concealed Handgun Permit)