• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prince William County's Website Regarding CCW

rob99vmi04

imported post

http://www.pwcgov.org/default.aspx?topic=010011001170000686

With the privilege of carrying a concealed firearm in Virginia come certain responsibilities, especially when interacting with police officers.

[align=center]WHAT TO DO IF STOPPED BY A POLICE OFFICER
  1. Immediately advise the officer that you have a concealed firearm. (Are they suggesting this or mandating it?)
  2. Never touch or move towards the gun.
  3. Keep your hands in plain view and make no sudden moves.
  4. Obey all commands given by the officer.
  5. Make no attempt to produce identification until told to do so.
  6. Ask the officer to repeat any directions or questions that are unclear.
Carry your concealed weapon permit on your person at all times when you are carrying a concealed handgun. You must also carry, and produce upon demand by a law enforcement officer, a photo ID issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia or by the United States Department of Defense or the United States State Department (passport). (Somebody should also inform them its not a concealed weapons permit Its a concealed Handgun Permit)
[/align]

Xeni

imported post

They're suggesting on a public forum. It's not mandatory.

Email the Clerk of the Court (she is an elected official) and she'll probably get her staff to fix it pretty quickly.

I know when I had a run in with her in terms of her office approving my CHP the website was changed to reflect that if you mail in the app that you don't have to 'show ID' or fax a copy of the ID to their office.

She's rather helpful and responsful for an elected official.

mpolo79

imported post

I thought they are supposed to make a copy of your driver's license. Are you saying that's not required for PWC?