• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in Western NC(Asheville area)

Sahib0120

imported post

In February next year we will be able to legally carry our guns in National Parks thanks to Section 512 of the Credit Card Act of 2009 (H.R. 627), so long as they are in compliance with the State's laws.

Mr. Glock

imported post

Mike wrote:
murf26 wrote:
since NC is an anomalous open carry state, weSHOULD be able to open carry.
Open carry is not unlawful in North Carolina - I and John and lots of others did so extensively in NC in 2006 going to, at, and from, the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Charlotte - no problems at all, not even at the local WalMart while buying supplies for the OpenCarry.org reception.

NC is very close to being a Gold Star open carry state - the only problem is that localities are still permitted significant the power to ban gun carry in parks and governmental buioldings. I think that the park carry bans are vulnerable to attack under State v. Kerner.
North Carolina has converted into a Gold Star open carry state.