• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Wawa? Or don't bring hot coffee to a knife fight.

ccunning

imported post

richarcm wrote:
So again, if you see some random person minding their own business get jumped by some guy and now has a knife to their throat.....you are supposed to walk away?  Like for example at a robbery at a gas station where the employee is wearing a bright yellow vest.  I'm supposed to do nothing?  Granted i don't want to shoot anyone but if I can help save someone's life I probably will.  I'll let the court figure out whether or not saving someone's life was legal or not. 
I think in Virginia the answer to your question is yes. I'm not saying I agree, but I do think that you should be aware that you could end up with a murder charge if you do step in. Also now that the thread has been thoroughly jacked this discussion should probably be taken to the thread that TFred pointed out:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17465.html

Marco

imported post

cmartin7864 wrote:
Maybe he was uniformed secret service
Uniformed service or agent what does it matter?

One of my neighbors is Uniformed Service and he carries legally when not a work.
Currently he is on partial/light duty due to a injury he sustained on vacation, he fell off a horse.

LRS76251

imported post

ccunning wrote:
richarcm wrote:
So again, if you see some random person minding their own business get jumped by some guy and now has a knife to their throat.....you are supposed to walk away? Like for example at a robbery at a gas station where the employee is wearing a bright yellow vest. I'm supposed to do nothing? Granted i don't want to shoot anyone but if I can help save someone's life I probably will. I'll let the court figure out whether or not saving someone's life was legal or not.
I think in Virginia the answer to your question is yes. I'm not saying I agree, but I do think that you should be aware that you could end up with a murder charge if you do step in. Also now that the thread has been thoroughly jacked this discussion should probably be taken to the thread that TFred pointed out:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/17465.html

No, not exactly. You CAN intervene but you better know what has transpired and that you are in the right BEFORE taking action and don't use any amount of force that the original victim could not use themselves. Otherwise, it can get ugly for you.