Thread: Need a good place to by an AR

Post imported post

Hey guys..slightly off topic ;-) But I need a good store or FFL in SE Michigan to buy an AR from...looking at a Bushmaster or Stag(I'm a lefty) basic M4 design...nothing fancy. Been to the gun shows and(as usual) the prices are a rip off. I want to pick one up before NoBama get's elected so I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks. I used to have an FFL I bought all my stuff from but he moved a few years ago.

Thanks!

Post imported post

sonnycrockett12 wrote:
    Hey guys..slightly off topic ;-) But I need a good store or FFL in SE Michigan to buy an AR from...looking at a Bushmaster or Stag(I'm a lefty) basic M4 design...nothing fancy. Been to the gun shows and(as usual) the prices are a rip off. I want to pick one up before NoBama get's elected so I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks. I used to have an FFL I bought all my stuff from but he moved a few years ago.

Thanks!
    HI Magnum force monroe Michigan or top gun Taylor both great ! top gun has rental to test fire !

Post imported post

I would suggest a build. Cheapest way to go. If you don't want to do all that, the cheapest options I know of are Dunhams, or Guns Galore in Fenton. But be forewarned, Guns Galore has some of the slowest service in the state. They've become used to selling so many guns that they aren't really very service driven anymore. But they DO have great prices.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

You might try Williams Gunsights off of Irish Rd and I69. They had several and a larger selection. I havea virgin PWA 0.223 for sale if you are interested.

Sorry lefty, it is a right side ejector, but, I could let it go for a good price.

Post imported post

I second Williams.

Does anybody know how prices compare between Williams Gunsight and Guns Galore? I've never been to Guns Galore, but I think Williams has great prices on handguns.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I would suggest a build........(rest of quote deleted for brevity)
    How do you go about creating "build?" I have never heard of this.

Post imported post

I have been to GG several times, never seen an AR and the last time I was there they were ordering one for someone else. Williams had several in the store, behind the counter. You should be able to walk out of there with a lefty.

Post imported post

Dan F. wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    I would suggest a build........(rest of quote deleted for brevity)
    How do you go about creating "build?" I have never heard of this.
    I am not a fan of AR's, so I have never built one, but there are tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands of people who have. I suggest a web search about it as there are a HUGE number of places this has been discussed. It's said to be really easy. You just have to buy all the parts from the cheapest sources you can find, and you assemble the gun. Saves a couple hundred or so, sometimes more.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

AAMitch wrote:
    I have been to GG several times, never seen an AR and the last time I was there they were ordering one for someone else. .
    What they have on display is only a fraction of what they have in stock.

Post imported post

sonnycrockett12 wrote:

Thanks!
    Search: Building an AR

http://www.brianlane.com/articles/ar15/

http://www.shootingtimes.com/gunsmithing/204_st_102007/

Post imported post

Hey Guys..thx for all the responses.

I bought a rifle from Guns Galore about 10 years ago and was less than pleased with their service or attitude. I practically had to beg to get someone to help me and when I had decided on a rifle(paid in cash) they acted like it was a hassle to complete the sale....left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I've never been to Williams but have heard of it so I'll check it out.

Can anyone tell me a good price for a Bushmaster m4 copycat model?

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote: Thanks for the comment on building an AR.

Post imported post

Dan F. wrote:
    Your welcome Dan. I slipped a bit on the text tho. To the reader I meant it to mean that's what I used to do the search. Maybe 'Searched' would have been more appropriate.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Dan F. wrote:
    Your welcome Dan. I slipped a bit on the text tho. To the reader I meant it to mean that's what I used to do the search. Maybe 'Searched' would have been more appropriate.
    I knew what you meant.

Post imported post

For anyone interest this is mydeer killerhttp://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31755

Post imported post

i was looking at building and AR and i found out dunhams in battle creek can order everything you need even stripped or complete lowers. they will also order the gun you want. DPMS is the cheapest model they sell i think around $750?