• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction & first post

CaptBW

imported post

I am a new member here. I have carried concealed for years, but I am new to open carry. I have read many interesting threads.

I live in the Traverse City area, but I split my time between Traverse City and northwest Indiana. I have permits for both Michigan and Indiana.

So anyway I say "Greetings". I look forward to a fruitful association.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CaptBW wrote:
I am a new member here. I have carried concealed for years, but I am new to open carry. I have read many interesting threads.

I live in the Traverse City area, but I split my time between Traverse City and northwest Indiana. I have permits for both Michigan and Indiana.

So anyway I say "Greetings". I look forward to a fruitful association.
Welcome. I grew up in TC and get up there often. I have OCed downtown a few times, been in J&S often OCing with no problem. I sent an OC info pack to both the TCPD and Sheriff's dept. I'll be up before Gun Deer season and will most likely OC in and around town as well as in Benzie county (Deer camp). I guess I didn't know Indiana gave non-resident CPL's

Michigander

imported post

Having grown up in Metro Detroit, all I can say is I'm jealous of you guys. I've spent many afternoons and nights in and around Traverse City on the Michigander bike tour. What a nice place it must be to live in.