• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Im seeing an attorney today

Detour

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Just wondering what the attorney is thinking of using to fight this?

Have you gone over the details or was he just confident you would win? There isn't much case law on the subject. Hess vs. Butler was pretty much the only case that comes to mind.

I know your attorney has probably said to not talk much about this. I would suggest, however, that you get some sort of 'press release' or short description of the case to explain to people what they are donating for. We could start a 'clean' thread on the subject here and on alfra, and news post, and send an email to all those signed up at alfra.

Well there a few things like 15-5-30 and 15-5-31 code of alabama..... they took my weapon and had it 3 days beforeI got it back.. ( they stole it ) I should have got it back after questioning if after questioning I was legal to have such weapon or arrested but neither happen..... And he had no R.A.S. reasonable articulated suspicion to even question me because the mere fact of haveing a weapon is no crime.

All the ALFRA members already know what happen and some of them are donateing . What happen is posted in one of Mikes quotes to me after I deleted what happen to me its in the ( they pulled my permit page 2I think.)

But if you know of this attorney Mr. Hooper he is the attorney that help Mr. Mathis who was arrested for ocw at a walmart and won his case, plus there are plenty of court cases that ALFRA has on there site plus the 2 AG's opinion on the very subject. I am very sureMr. Hooperknows all the cases plus theres others thats in court now one of which Mr. Hooper is working on now for another person for the same thing as mine.

kurt_max_0 please look at the cases to see where we are going with this and where is or what is Hess vs. ButlerI cant find that case....

[*]State v Reid (PDF)
[*]Morris v State (PDF)
[*]Looney v State (PDF)
[*]K.J. vs State (PDF)
[*]AG Opinion 2007-054 (PDF)
[*]AG Opinion 1984-205 (PDF)
[*]City of Andalusia vs. Victor Andrew mathis
[*]Plus had an agreement to ocw and ccw from the sheriff of my county
[*]Plus the D.A. of my county has said he knows the ocw laws and wouldnt charge me. So what else do I need??? I have the backing of the NRA, and many others and different attorneys telling meI have a very good case with the facts and the law being what it is. IfI was wrong why wasntI arrested???? Why give my weapon back and not permit. Why did the LEO question me? If he knew that ocw was legal this wouldnt have happen. There was no reasonable articulated suspicion of a crime.

So if you would like to donate after getting all the facts that you need feel free to do so.

I went to file a complaint on the LEO at his department and found out he has resigned butI still filed it anyway.

Detour

imported post

Yes.... checks, money orders, cashier checks...... Just remember to please put in memo what it is for and give a good mailing address for your refund for the attorney fees and a split on any other moneys that I may get if the courts find my rights were violated...

I will split any extra moneysI get to all that donated and it will be based on how much was donated per person. As I am not in this for the money I do know I could not do anything with out the help of my fellow ocwers and bothers here and thats why I would love to give back to them for something they are helping me get back.

I am working now on some letters to the Alabama leaders and looking at info on how to presenta change in the law which will start afterI win my case and maybe what ever if any monyes extra we have or get in my casewe can use to change the law. I would like for any of you to please email me or post here any laws or ideas about changeing the law.

I will post a new thread on this and ask what to part of the gun laws would you like changed

Thanks again and special Thanks to Daddyo:)

bama_kid_21

imported post

hi..I just found this site and was reading your post about what happened and wanted to tell you that I'm in marshall county also and I wish you the best of luck and hope you can change thecorrupt ways of this county. I will try to send some $$ to help you...I havent had much dealings w/ that police dept, but if you came to Arab, where I'm at, it would be just as bad if not worse....these cops here make their own laws as they go and what sounds good at the moment

Detour

imported post

Sorry Ive been away my moms had a stroke and had fallen and broke her shoulder...

Im back now and ready to roll... Special Thanks to the only 2 guys thats sent any funds for this and you know who you are..The attorney says he has got the money you 2 sent.

I find it hard to understand with as many that comes here and thinks the laws are in our favor not many want to fight for it and even with the chance of getting there money back with intrest if we win only 2 have stood up to donate....