• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on state land(forest)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I have not seen anything banning carry in state land, therfore it should be allowed. National forest law you already know. Local counties and towns may have their own land and parks, and would be allowed (illegally) to ban firearms.

45disco

imported post

from what i read it is illegal, definitely any gun bigger than a .22lr . this is stupid who elected these people. i thought that the national forest requiring only a .22 was ridiculous, just found out no national parks, not even if concealed in your car and definitely "in plain view" are prohibited ( blue ridge parkway). all i know is that i'll be suing if i live to tell from an attacker or animal for violation of my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. sounds as if federal and state lands in north carolina are criminal protection zones. i know were i live the national forest has been a crime seen for a bunch of assalts, murders and various thevery endevors

45disco

imported post

yep, i read that form. but there are still unanswered questions. i know that DuPont state forest, no firearms are allowed except by law enforcement, etc. i will not be going there anyways . there has also been a lot of assault there. anyway that has me puzzled about any non national forest land and the rules.

kornesque

imported post

From NC hunting regs:

[align=left]Pistols may not be carried during the bow-and-arrow and[/align]
muzzleloader deer hunting seasons.
Does that mean at any time, or only while carrying a muzzleloader or bow? Vague.

Also, specifically to game lands...

[align=left]It is unlawful to possess a rifle or pistol larger than .22 rimfire or[/align]
[align=left]a shotgun shell with larger than no. 4 shot during closed gun[/align]
[align=left]seasons on big game—except any size steel or other nontoxic[/align]
shot may be used while waterfowl or coyote hunting.
This may be what 45disco is referring to.

And finally,

Public nudity on any game land is prohibited.
What I'm gathering from these is that on game land, I must be fully clothed at all times, and can only defend myself against people or critters during open season on big game. Check the game lands map to ensure you're in compliance with "open season on people by BGs and critters".

As far as carry on state forest, it must be good unless otherwise posted.

RayBurton72

imported post

The only I found is this (15A N.C. Admin. Code 12B.0901(a)); which prohibits weapons in any state park:

SECTION .0900 ‑ FIREARMS: EXPLOSIVES: FIRES: ETC.

15A NCAC 12B .0901 FIREARMS: WEAPONS: EXPLOSIVES

(a) No person except authorized park employees, their agents, or contractors, or officers of the state shall carry or possess firearms, airguns, bows and arrows, sling shots, or lethal missiles of any kind within any park.

(b) The possession or use of cap pistols is prohibited. The possession or use of dynamite or other powerful explosives as defined in G.S. 14‑284.1 is prohibited.

(c) The possession or use of pyrotechnics is prohibited except for pyrotechnics exhibited, used, or discharged in connection with an authorized public exhibition and approved by the Director of the Division of Parks and Recreation, or designee. Persons wishing to possess or use pyrotechnics in connection with a public exhibition, such as a public celebration shall file an application for a special use permit with the appropriate park superintendent. All applicants shall enter an indemnification agreement with the Department and obtain general liability and property damage insurance, with limits as determined by the Secretary or designee, which are reasonably necessary to cover possible liability for damage to property and bodily injury or damage to persons which may result from, or be caused by, the public exhibition of pyrotechnics or any act(s) or omission(s) on the part of the applicant(s) or the applicant’s agents, servants, employees, or subcontractors presenting the public exhibition. The Division Director, or designee, may deny an application as deemed necessary to protect the public health, safety, and welfare, or to protect the natural resources of the park unit.

History Note: Authority G.S. 14‑410; 14‑415; 113‑35;

Eff. February 1, 1976;

Amended Eff. October 1, 1984; January 1, 1983;

Temporary Amendment Eff. July 2, 1997.

Temporary Amendment Expired September 29, 1998.

Amended Eff. April 1, 1999.