Thread: cwp reason

Post imported post

Has anyone tried a truthful reason....
    say "President Obama" on an app yet?
    I do fear for my bullets home being foreclosed on.

He could be this biggest detriment to OC, hard to make leo believe the gun
    fell in the river when it is sitting on your hip.

Banned

Post imported post

He was for a national CONCEALED CARRY ban. What does that have to do with open carry and why would you go out and get a concealed carry permit, seemingly, to prevent your loss of... what? I'm confused.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Has anyone tried a truthful reason....
    say "President Obama" on an app yet?
    I do fear for my bullets home being foreclosed on.

He could be this biggest detriment to OC, hard to make leo believe the gun
    fell in the river when it is sitting on your hip.
    I don't know where you are.

I don't have to specify a reason.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Well my loss of mobility, can't travel without it. As for banning consealed,
    you just keep telling yourself that he realy will stop there.

Would love to see sherrifs face when he reads a ligit reason posed so simply.

Post imported post

a reason for a CCDW License? I never had to give one, I live in a Shall Issue state
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Same in Texas, no reason necessary.:celebrate

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    He was for a national CONCEALED CARRY ban. What does that have to do with open carry and why would you go out and get a concealed carry permit, seemingly, to prevent your loss of... what? I'm confused.
    He was for the national banning of all handguns, all semi-automatic rifles and bolt action rifles that can be loaded with more than 10 rounds. When that was a bad idea he RETREATED to the lesser restriction of just banning concealed carry by anyone other than LEO or certain other government employees. He may never have the votes or the political will or the ability otherwise to take our guns, but he certainly has the desire.

That aside, I too live in a shall issue state and need offer no reason or defense for my decision to CC.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I'm in a shall issue also, but they do ask in my county when you go in front of the gun board. My answer was "because I can"

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    they do ask in my county when you go in front of the gun board.
    Gun board

The more I hear about other states, the more and more I like Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    they do ask in my county when you go in front of the gun board.
    Gun board

The more I hear about other states, the more and more I like Kentucky
    Yup. Basically a few people that just talk to you in person. They asked me to name 3 places from the list of "off-limits" areas and why I applied for a CPL. Not every county in Michigan makes you do this, but mine makes every applicant appear.

Post imported post

The NH Non-res application I filled out last month makes you write a reason for why you want a permit. Above the question it says "See back". On the back of the app. it says to write either Personal Protection or All Proper Purposes. I put the latter.

Banned

Post imported post

^LOL @ "all proper purposes"

What else would you use it for? I didn't know people with criminal intent go through the licensing process. At least they accept that as sufficient reason.

Post imported post

Or was it a trick question?

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    The NH Non-res application I filled out last month makes you write a reason for why you want a permit. Above the question it says "See back". On the back of the app. it says to write either Personal Protection or All Proper Purposes. I put the latter.
    I put "All Lawful Purposes." I was suprised at the permit when it arrived. It was a plastic card not a piece of paper.
    Just remember to sign the back to make it leagal to carry.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I put "All Lawful Purposes." I was suprised at the permit when it arrived. It was a plastic card not a piece of paper.
    Just remember to sign the back to make it leagal to carry.
    Thanks for the heads up! I didn't send in my NH app yet, I need my ME permit to come in first so I can send a photocopy of it with my NH app. Should be getting my ME permit in the mail anytime now.

About needing a reason for the permit, I assume this is left over from NH's days as a "may issue" (if it ever was, I don't know). Or maybe it was an extra requirement that some lawmaker tagged on to make them feel good, who knows.