• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cwp reason

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Has anyone tried a truthful reason....
say "President Obama" on an app yet?
I do fear for my bullets home being foreclosed on.

He could be this biggest detriment to OC, hard to make leo believe the gun
fell in the river when it is sitting on your hip.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

He was for a national CONCEALED CARRY ban. What does that have to do with open carry and why would you go out and get a concealed carry permit, seemingly, to prevent your loss of... what? I'm confused.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Has anyone tried a truthful reason....
say "President Obama" on an app yet?
I do fear for my bullets home being foreclosed on.

He could be this biggest detriment to OC, hard to make leo believe the gun
fell in the river when it is sitting on your hip.

I don't know where you are.

I don't have to specify a reason.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well my loss of mobility, can't travel without it. As for banning consealed,
you just keep telling yourself that he realy will stop there.

Would love to see sherrifs face when he reads a ligit reason posed so simply.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
He was for a national CONCEALED CARRY ban. What does that have to do with open carry and why would you go out and get a concealed carry permit, seemingly, to prevent your loss of... what? I'm confused.
He was for the national banning of all handguns, all semi-automatic rifles and bolt action rifles that can be loaded with more than 10 rounds. When that was a bad idea he RETREATED to the lesser restriction of just banning concealed carry by anyone other than LEO or certain other government employees. He may never have the votes or the political will or the ability otherwise to take our guns, but he certainly has the desire.

That aside, I too live in a shall issue state and need offer no reason or defense for my decision to CC.

SQLtables

imported post

catass wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
they do ask in my county when you go in front of the gun board.
Gun board :question::question:

The more I hear about other states, the more and more I like Kentucky

Yup. Basically a few people that just talk to you in person. They asked me to name 3 places from the list of "off-limits" areas and why I applied for a CPL. Not every county in Michigan makes you do this, but mine makes every applicant appear.

nova

imported post

The NH Non-res application I filled out last month makes you write a reason for why you want a permit. Above the question it says "See back". On the back of the app. it says to write either Personal Protection or All Proper Purposes. I put the latter.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

^LOL @ "all proper purposes"

What else would you use it for? I didn't know people with criminal intent go through the licensing process. At least they accept that as sufficient reason.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

nova wrote:
The NH Non-res application I filled out last month makes you write a reason for why you want a permit. Above the question it says "See back". On the back of the app. it says to write either Personal Protection or All Proper Purposes. I put the latter.
I put "All Lawful Purposes." I was suprised at the permit when it arrived. It was a plastic card not a piece of paper.
Just remember to sign the back to make it leagal to carry.

nova

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
nova wrote:
I put "All Lawful Purposes." I was suprised at the permit when it arrived. It was a plastic card not a piece of paper.
Just remember to sign the back to make it leagal to carry.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't send in my NH app yet, I need my ME permit to come in first so I can send a photocopy of it with my NH app. Should be getting my ME permit in the mail anytime now.

About needing a reason for the permit, I assume this is left over from NH's days as a "may issue" (if it ever was, I don't know). Or maybe it was an extra requirement that some lawmaker tagged on to make them feel good, who knows.