Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RICHMOND OC BREAKFAST 10/25/08

Post imported post

The weekly Richmond OC breakfast club will be meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday 10/25/08 at the River City Diner on Parham Road.

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/(AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

Tess & family are on board for breakfast before the Games. You too can come for breakfast - even if you are not going to attend the celtic festival afterwards.

In defference to Dale's constitution, we ask that the discussion of haggishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis be avoided.

See you at breakfast.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

And so I'l be seein' you there at the diner no doubt. "Tis not me constitution needs watchin' but me attitude. Will you be bringin' the sauce for Robbie Burns good dish, laddie?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    The weekly Richmond OC breakfast club will be meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday 10/25/08 at the River City Diner on Parham Road.

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/ (AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

Tess & family are on board for breakfast before the Games. You too can come for breakfast - even if you are not going to attend the celtic festival afterwards.

In defference to Dale's constitution, we ask that the discussion of haggishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis be avoided.

See you at breakfast.

stay safe.

skidmark
    You had to go there!! Now I've got this picture of you in a skirt OCing, stuckin my head!

Post imported post

Forgot to mention that we will have visitors from the Shenandoah Valley area. Let's make them welcome.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    And so I'l be seein' you there at the diner no doubt. "Tis not me constitution needs watchin' but me attitude. Will you be bringin' the sauce for Robbie Burns good dish, laddie?

Yata hey
    Sauce available for 1 ticket, unless you go to the tasting tables where you can try several for free.

I've signed Dale up for the Ferret Legging. We need to show our support for him. Also, Infidel is signed up for the Bonny Knees contest.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    Sauce available for 1 ticket, unless you go to the tasting tables where you can try several for free.

I've signed Dale up for the Ferret Legging. We need to show our support for him. Also, Infidel is signed up for the Bonny Knees contest.

stay safe.

skidmark
    And in which contests will you be entered? Judging or haggis throwing? I'm sure you would be competative in either

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    And in which contests will you be entered? Judging or haggis throwing? I'm sure you would be competative in either

Yata hey
    Unless I have arrived too early and spent time sampling Uisce Beatha I will be a caber catcher. NOT!

I will be looking for a decent blackthorn stick - time to upgrade the gimp look.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'm assuming OC will be kosher at the games? I can't seem to find anything that indicates otherwise on their site.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Forgot to mention that we will have visitors from the Shenandoah Valley area. Let's make them welcome.

Yata hey
    One of which is doing a school paper.

Actually, what's the address for that place, anyway? I don't do Richmond.

essayons wrote:
    I'm assuming OC will be kosher at the games? I can't seem to find anything that indicates otherwise on their site.
    IHOP follows all state laws with direct regards to a private citizen's right to carry.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Sat. Oct. 25th, 9:30 A.M.
    Parham Rd. & I-95
    803 East Parham Road
    See map at
    http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Bellgrade/locations.html
    Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    AbNo wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Sat. Oct. 25th, 9:30 A.M.
    Parham Rd. & I-95
    803 East Parham Road
    See map at
    http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Bellgrade/locations.html
    Yata hey
    You mean I'll have short drive up Rte.1 after breakfast to get my son to Tae Kwon Doe. All Right!! Why so late this time?

Post imported post

Same regularly scheduled time - different station.

We'd have it earlier but it takes Skid a while to do his hair.

Yata hey

Post imported post

essayons wrote:
    As with you, I find nothing posted at the web site for the games. After reading the RIR "rule book" >>Download the complete Fan Guide and the FAQs the only thing I could find is that firearms are not allowed in the racetrack grandstand.

That being said, remember that RIR is private property and you are there as a guest.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Head count is up to eight with new addition of the speaker of the house.

Yata hey

Post imported post

will try to make it with my new accessory. Thx skid! but maybe around 10 for me.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

Justine and I will be there so add 2 more to the count.

Post imported post

smccomas wrote:
    Justine and I will be there so add 2 more to the count.
    New corrected count - 12

Anyone want to make it a bakers' dozen?

Yata hey

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

We should be there as well, although I have some errands to run later in the AM so we'll have to get there around 9 or a little after and leave well before the noontime digestive meeting.

If we show up first, we can reserve space for the group. There's 4 of us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

Really great group and pleasureable meet-up. 17 in attendance.
    Perhaps Skid will remember to post his pictures.

To those that couldn't make it, we do this just about every Sat. somewhere in Richmond. Look for a new posting towards the middle of each week.

Some of us are headed to The Highland Games at RIR - should be fun in spite of a little overhead moisture.

Yata hey

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/ (AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

skidmark
    Men in skirts is nothing new in Richmond, however it is a little early in the day for them.

Post imported post

Pictures of the OC Breakfast are at http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...C%20Breakfast/

There were more folks at breakfast Saturday morning than we have at some monthly dinners!

Abno - what happened? We missed you, although it is hard to tell from the pictures.

stay safe. Remember to vote early and vote often.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I don't know, there was some family mess with an argument when I called 'em about that morning, so I just stayed away from the whole situation, and I didn't even think to just drive myself.

I kinda wish I'd gone. Then again, a two-hour drive to Richmond IS a bit much for breakfast.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Nice pics. The wife and kids enjoyed themselves, and the food and company were great as usual.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

Sorry I was so late to the breakfast. There was an accident on the northbound 195 overpass connecting to I95 north. Was pleasantly surprised to find at least sixteen people already seated or finishing breakfast! Had to take an early departers seat.

Thought the interaction with the off-duty Richmond PD officer was interesting too. He said he was in support of OC, but hewas talking to Skid and I may not have heard the whole conversation.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast