• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RICHMOND OC BREAKFAST 10/25/08

kenny

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The weekly Richmond OC breakfast club will be meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday 10/25/08 at the River City Diner on Parham Road.

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/ (AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

skidmark
Men in skirts is nothing new in Richmond, however it is a little early in the day for them.

AbNo

imported post

I don't know, there was some family mess with an argument when I called 'em about that morning, so I just stayed away from the whole situation, and I didn't even think to just drive myself.

I kinda wish I'd gone. Then again, a two-hour drive to Richmond IS a bit much for breakfast. :)

riverrat10k

imported post

Sorry I was so late to the breakfast. There was an accident on the northbound 195 overpass connecting to I95 north. Was pleasantly surprised to find at least sixteen people already seated or finishing breakfast! Had to take an early departers seat.

Thought the interaction with the off-duty Richmond PD officer was interesting too. He said he was in support of OC, but hewas talking to Skid and I may not have heard the whole conversation.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Sorry I was so late to the breakfast. There was an accident on the northbound 195 overpass connecting to I95 north. Was pleasantly surprised to find at least sixteen people already seated or finishing breakfast! Had to take an early departers seat.

Thought the interaction with the off-duty Richmond PD officer was interesting too. He said he was in support of OC, but hewas talking to Skid and I may not have heard the whole conversation.
So YOU'RE the guy I didn't get to meet. Oh, well....another time.

I also gathered one of the two of you at that end of the table was not a regular OCDO member, but from where I was sitting I couldn't see who was talking about what.

What was the interaction with the officer? It sounded pleasant from where I was.

riverrat10k

imported post

What I heard was him asking if we were a club. Skidmark replied no, just people with common interest having breakfast. Maybe a question from Skid and he produced a badge. Said he was Richmond PD, I think made some favorable comments. I believe Skidmark gave him a card? Possibly referred him to the website. I'm sure he remembers more.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

He was a Richmond cop. Wanted to know if we were a "club" of some sort.

Yes, he got an OC card. (Does anybody NOT have a few to pass out by now?) He also got an invite to an OC dinner, but said he can't make one because of his shift. Maybe we can hold one in the city and he can "swing by" to check up on us?

I did not see his badge when he pulled out his wallet to give me his Blue Knights card - could have been the angle or that I was talking at the time so looking at his face instead. I have heard all of you comment about it, but I do not think he intentionally flashed the badge. Just my take on the event.

stay safe.

skidmark

riverrat10k

imported post

I swear I saw what I saw your honor!

Funny, we were not ten feet apart, the guy was right in front of me, and my impression was that he was flashing the badge. I thought you maybe said something like "What is your interest" and thenhe pulled his badge. Not trying to put words in your mouth by any means.

Perception is odd sometimes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Badge was gold in brown flip case - 3-4 sec. flash then put into his right front pocket.

Yata hey

Sea_Chicken

imported post

sorry we missed the breakfast we tried to make it but it just wasent happening for us this morning. We would like to make one of the Richmond events before we leave in April.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Monthly Richmond OC dinner is regularly held the second Tuesday of each month - look for a posting about a week prior.

One or more breakfasts each Saturday - normally at 9:30 A.M. are announced by Wed. or Thurs.

Active OC is not a requirement - family, friends and kids are welcome at all.

Post meal parking lot discussions are worth bonus points.

Yata hey