• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RICHMOND OC BREAKFAST 10/25/08

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The weekly Richmond OC breakfast club will be meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday 10/25/08 at the River City Diner on Parham Road.

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/(AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

Tess & family are on board for breakfast before the Games. You too can come for breakfast - even if you are not going to attend the celtic festival afterwards.

In defference to Dale's constitution, we ask that the discussion of haggishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis be avoided.

See you at breakfast.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

And so I'l be seein' you there at the diner no doubt. "Tis not me constitution needs watchin' but me attitude. Will you be bringin' the sauce for Robbie Burns good dish, laddie?

Yata hey

Infidel

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The weekly Richmond OC breakfast club will be meeting at 9:30 AM Saturday 10/25/08 at the River City Diner on Parham Road.

The location is just off the Parham Road exit from I-95 for folks coming to Richmond for the Celtic Games http://www.richmondceltic.com/ (AKA "Men In Skirts Throwing Heavy Objects).

Tess & family are on board for breakfast before the Games. You too can come for breakfast - even if you are not going to attend the celtic festival afterwards.

In defference to Dale's constitution, we ask that the discussion of haggishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis be avoided.

See you at breakfast.

stay safe.

skidmark
You had to go there!! :idea:Now I've got this picture of you in a skirt OCing, stuckin my head!:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Forgot to mention that we will have visitors from the Shenandoah Valley area. Let's make them welcome.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
And so I'l be seein' you there at the diner no doubt. "Tis not me constitution needs watchin' but me attitude. Will you be bringin' the sauce for Robbie Burns good dish, laddie?

Yata hey

Sauce available for 1 ticket, unless you go to the tasting tables where you can try several for free.

I've signed Dale up for the Ferret Legging. We need to show our support for him. Also, Infidel is signed up for the Bonny Knees contest.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Sauce available for 1 ticket, unless you go to the tasting tables where you can try several for free.

I've signed Dale up for the Ferret Legging. We need to show our support for him. Also, Infidel is signed up for the Bonny Knees contest.

stay safe.

skidmark
And in which contests will you be entered? Judging or haggis throwing? I'm sure you would be competative in either :lol:

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
And in which contests will you be entered? Judging or haggis throwing? I'm sure you would be competative in either :lol:

Yata hey

Unless I have arrived too early and spent time sampling Uisce Beatha I will be a caber catcher. NOT!

I will be looking for a decent blackthorn stick - time to upgrade the gimp look. :cool:

stay safe.

skidmark

essayons

imported post

I'm assuming OC will be kosher at the games? I can't seem to find anything that indicates otherwise on their site.

AbNo

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Forgot to mention that we will have visitors from the Shenandoah Valley area. Let's make them welcome.

Yata hey

One of which is doing a school paper.

Actually, what's the address for that place, anyway? I don't do Richmond.

essayons wrote:
I'm assuming OC will be kosher at the games? I can't seem to find anything that indicates otherwise on their site.
IHOP follows all state laws with direct regards to a private citizen's right to carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Sat. Oct. 25th, 9:30 A.M.
Parham Rd. & I-95 [size="+1"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][/size]803 East Parham Road[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-2"][size="+1"]
[/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-2"][size="+1"]See map at
[/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-2"][size="+1"]http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Bellgrade/locations.html[/size][/size][/font]
Yata hey[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-2"][size="+2"][/size][size="+1"]
[/size][/size][/font]

Infidel

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Sat. Oct. 25th, 9:30 A.M.
Parham Rd. & I-95 [size=+1][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][/size]803 East Parham Road[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-2][size=+1]
[/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-2][size=+1]See map at
[/size][/size][/font][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-2][size=+1]http://www.rivercitydiner.com/Bellgrade/locations.html[/size][/size][/font]
Yata hey[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size=-2][size=+2][/size][size=+1]
[/size][/size][/font]
You mean I'll have short drive up Rte.1 after breakfast to get my son to Tae Kwon Doe. All Right!! Why so late this time?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Same regularly scheduled time - different station.

We'd have it earlier but it takes Skid a while to do his hair.:D

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

essayons wrote:

As with you, I find nothing posted at the web site for the games. After reading the RIR "rule book" >>Download the complete Fan Guide and the FAQs the only thing I could find is that firearms are not allowed in the racetrack grandstand.

That being said, remember that RIR is private property and you are there as a guest.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Head count is up to eight with new addition of the speaker of the house:lol:.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

smccomas wrote:
Justine and I will be there so add 2 more to the count.
New corrected count - 12

Anyone want to make it a bakers' dozen?

Yata hey

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We should be there as well, although I have some errands to run later in the AM so we'll have to get there around 9 or a little after and leave well before the noontime digestive meeting. :)

If we show up first, we can reserve space for the group. There's 4 of us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Really great group and pleasureable meet-up. 17 in attendance.
Perhaps Skid will remember to post his pictures.

To those that couldn't make it, we do this just about every Sat. somewhere in Richmond. Look for a new posting towards the middle of each week.

Some of us are headed to The Highland Games at RIR - should be fun in spite of a little overhead moisture.

Yata hey