• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WELLS FARGO BANK

viersta

imported post

Here is one for everybody. I called the Wells Fargo Bank on Circle in the Springs. I asked to speak to the manager which I did. I asked her the policy on open carry and she told me they do not allow guns in the Bank. I then asked her if her guards are armed she had :banghead: the Balls to tell me no. Corporate policy is that they want to protect there customers. I then told her that I don't feel protected with no gun. She told me that she has been in 5 robberies. SO WHAT. I TOLD HER IF AND WHEN I COME BACK IN I WOULD BE OPEN CARRYING MY GLOCK. DUALLY NOTED SHE SAID. WHAT A :cuss:.:what:I plan on protecting myself I switched banks to US Bank. They allow guns.

Bebop

imported post

You sure about that (usbank allowing guns)? I am not saying you are wrong I would just think that most banks would be a little squeamish about having someone with a gun in the bank. I bank with US and never wanted to carry a gun inside because I didn't want them to think I was going to rob the place.

I am all for allowing people to carry everywhere. It would just seem to me that carrying in a bank would really scare a lot of sheep into calling the cops even more so then say when you are in a grocery store.

viersta

imported post

I have walked in to US Bank in the Springs and Tuscon AZ. Never any problems.

like_the_roman

imported post

That doesn't sound right. I go to two Wells Fargo branches and I open carry in both because they've been targeted for robberies and I've had no problems (even a few compliments.) Other people in AZ and NM do open carry as well. Call corporate and tell them to send a letter to the manager about what the real policy is.

SDguy

imported post

If it is legal in the city and state then it is legal in the bank. I both open and concealed carry here at several South Dakota banks and nobody even gives me more than a glance.

Have gone into the bank's inside offices and opened additional accounts, gotten CDs and more without a single comment from the bank people. For all I know the bank officers may be carrying concealed.

The general public in most states need to be re-educated. The bad guys don't openly carry guns. They don't want the attention.

My son and I have openly carried at the state fair as well as in the downtown mall without problems. All states should be like the great state of South Dakota.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Santa, (ha! funny)
Why would you bother calling in the first place? JUST GO! Banks are NOT gunfree zones by any law in Colorado (unless they have stationary metal detectors and the like). If there's no sign on the door, then you're free to stoll on in and do business. If they don't like it, they'll tell you, trust me. I've been to my bank in Parker countless times OCing. There's no sign forbidding it, and no stationed security. I've never been questioned about it.
If you call these idiots, you gotta expect them to freak out and say NO GUNS!!! What do you expect? A free toaster for being an OCer?

SDguy

imported post

I would not bother calling any bank, business or building asking about their policy regarding guns. Know the law and abide by the law and forget the store personnel or management.

Keep in mind that they don't know the law so they will almost always say it is against their policy. They most likely don't even know of a firearm policy. So, if you simply follow the law you are in the clear. If you encounter a problem when you enter their building you now have an opportunity to educate them.

Gunslinger

imported post

I generally CC at the three banks I go to, but the barrel is often exposed and the very lower end of the holster. Never any problem. If there was, I'd take my business elsewhere. When I go to a bank I either have, or will get money. That I carry a gun to protect myself is common sense.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DON'T ASK Don't TELL

Especially some Quivering little hoplophobe

FreeFlight

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
- John Adams

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lets not forget that hewas notified by the property owner/leaseholder agent that his firearm is unwelcome, yet he would intentionallydefy the agent.

Bad juju. No bueno.

This is not the image of responsible firearms owners we want to project.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yeah, my experiences also tell me that you don't call ahead, just look for the signs. I called 7 falls in Colorado Springs about their gun policy and they said NO GUNS!, but I saw no signs prohibiting firearms anywhere in the park. Basically, almost all of the time they will say that guns are NOT allowed and not even know the gun policy.

carguy

imported post

I am a small business owner in Loveland CO where I welcome OC and have OC'd many times in several banks in Loveland and surrounding communities. Never a problem.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I walked in that Wells Fargo the other day with my gun on and went about my business. Matter of fact, all the employees near the door and greeted me and were very kind.

Yooper

imported post

BTW, U.S. Bank does have a corporate policy against people carrying in their banks. It includes patrons as well as employees. But, they don't post it anywhere, and most probably won't care if your acting normal.

The U.S. bank I used to work at had a customer whose CC gun became exposed during the course of a transaction with another teller. After he left, she leaned over and said "Did you see that guy had a gun?" I said "No, but if he didn't try to rob you, why worry about it?" Then told here that carrying in a bank is legal, which she thought wasn't (where people get that carrying in a bank is illegal, I'll never know), but she was otherwise supportive of gun rights. Once she knew that it was legal to carry in a bank, she didn't worry anymore. She told the branch manager, who basically said "Yep, people carry guns".